Chausson Welcome 28G 2008 Ford Transit (1 Viewer)

Alanf75

Free Member
Sep 19, 2017
Funster No
I posted this in another forum area by mistake so I'm adding here too.

Does anyone know where the leisure battery is located on the above van?
We've agreed to buy the van, but not picking up for some weeks and I'm keen to get a solar panel sorted as soon as I can to maintain batteries. The location should give me an idea on how much cable I will require.

Also, does anyone know if the twin battery set-up under the drivers seat is in addition to a further leisure battery in the hab area?

OP
OP
A

Alanf75

Free Member
Sep 19, 2017
Funster No
We asked the dealer but they were a little vague - hoping someone with the same van can be more specific.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
Under the drivers seat should be 2 battery's , the one at the rear starts the engine and nothing else , the 2nd battery drives all the other transit needs. It is like this as some transits have tail lifts winches etc.

Under the passenger seat should be your leisure battery.

If it has a solar panel to charge the leisure battery and the transit battery make sure there is a feed to the 2nd transit battery because if it goes flat you get all sorts of strange things on your binnacle (happened to me)

OP
OP
A

Alanf75

Free Member
Sep 19, 2017
Funster No
Many thanks gradyp, that's just the info I'm after.

So are the 2 'transit' batteries linked and would sending a feed to the starter battery mean the second battery would also be charged or is that not the case, in which case potentially 3 feeds would be needed?

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
No the 2 transit battery's are independent , they both get charged from the alternator. If you get solar on the van you need to specify that you need both battery's to be charged from your controller. Or put a fused 30amp wire from + to + on the battery's no need for neg 's to be wired

OP
OP
A

Alanf75

Free Member
Sep 19, 2017
Funster No
Ah OK, yeah that would seem like the option then as I want one feed for leisure battery and one for starter, just the double battery configuration had me a bit puzzled as to how to handle it.
Many thanks for your help (and to all who have replied :)).

I take it you have or have had a Welcome 28?
How did you find it?

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
No we haven't a Welcome , but we had a motorhome with the same transit cab and the 2nd battery had me and went flat till I got told (on here from the really helpful members) on here what the issue was

Hope you really enjoy the new van

Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back