Chausson sliding shower doors (1 Viewer)

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We have a 2009 Welcome 58 top. I believe our shower enclosure was used in that era Welcomes and Allegros.
Anyway we have always found the two part sliding shower door a pain and overkill for what was required. Also our daughter is disabled and found it difficult to move.
Today we removed the shower doors and used the existing metal runner to fit a length of flexible curtain track .. I can't believe how simple and effective this was it will allow us to fit a suitable shower curtain which will be just as effective. It's saved about 7kg in weight and given us even more room in what was already a pretty big shower.
So if anyone has need of original doors and runners pls let me know.

Jim Donovan

Free Member
Dec 15, 2017
Funster No
Are these doors still available?

Before I bought it second hand the doors on my Allegro 97 had come off their runners in transit and the top corner of the inside door had broken off. The runner has been re-positioned but the door doesn't go back as far as it should when in the open position.

OP
OP
sdc77

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Wow... I just read this. I was in the verge of dumping them Yes they are.
Just to confirm there are two opaque blue curved doors. Pm me if you want them obviously for free but will need collecting

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim Donovan

Free Member
Dec 15, 2017
Funster No
They're the ones!
Trying to figure out how to send a pm but just to let you know I won't be able to collect them - I'm in Ireland but if you can get a quote to courier them to me I'll get funds to you.

Thanks,
Jim Donovan

OP
OP
sdc77

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I'll PM you ...
As you know they are curved plastic and big .. a nightmare to package and send ...

Jim Donovan

Free Member
Dec 15, 2017
Funster No
I know :)

If you could get an estimate for a courier including packing them I'll gladly pay for that. My local maintenance man in Ireland says they would cost a fortune to get them from Chausson, even if they could supply them.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
I have a Chausson in stock that needs a shower door. Just paid £550 + Vat for a replacement. Still wiping up the coffee I spat everywhere!

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Sounds a bit like our shower doors. They used to frequently jump off their tracks while travelling but I have overcome that by putting a loop of shockcord around the handles so they are held shut in transit, they no longer come off the runners.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back