Chausson shower screen noisy when driving (1 Viewer)

paul4014

Free Member
Apr 18, 2021
Funster No
MH
Chausson 530 welcome
Hi , I just brought my first motorhome, a 2019 Chausson 530 welcome on a ford chassis with automatic. Drove home around 140 miles, found the shower screen door to be very noisy ?, its a fixed type door which shuts home with a full length magnetic strip. When you open the door and wobble it , it sounds like it wants to explode, a harsh cracking, creaking noise, probably just the material its made of to allow flexibility. I know there will be various noises whilst driving (drove vans with racking in for many years), but its really annoying, anyone had this and found a cure ? Door needs to be stiffened in some way. Otherwise really happy with my purchase, now ready for my first outing to Wales next month.

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
We ran some silicon in the glass bracket as ours slipped. Out on occasion

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
the folding door in my bessacar has a catch at the top to hold it open but did make a noise when driving so I just stuff a couple of microfibre cloths in the gap to hold it steady

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
If it's the black acrylic shower cubicle door I silenced mine (Chausson 530) by:

Open the door fully and spray some silicone on the top and bottom hinge pivot points.

With the door still open, stick three large size velcro dots (fluffy ones) on the round aluminium door hinge at the top, middle and bottom. When you close the door, this takes up any 'slack' in the hinge.

Worked for me, so maybe this will help

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back