Free Member
May 11, 2014
Abergavenny
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
since 1984 Chausson atm
Couple of questions, can you fit dual leisure batteries if so how and where do you put the second one from the main under the passenger seat, all I have found is tilt the seat and unscrew the cover plate but can't really get at it, so do you have to remove the seat first?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Ive got a 620.... and i suspect they are all much of a muchness...
You can get a second battery alongside the original , which as you say is under the passanger seat...
The seat does need to be removed to fit it and you may well have to alter the battery securing plate thats fitted to the single battery to accommodate the second battery...
Usual warning about the weight of the seat... may help have someone else to help lift it off and replace it...
Andy

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
I asked this question some time ago. Got an answer that was put the two batteries across the van. Ratbher than front to back. Ours is a ford.
Picture in ford section forum. Still not done so don’ t know if seat has to come off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
I am going to do the same job this winter. Two batteries will fit inside the space under the passenger seat. The seat does have to be removed and it is a heavy beast. Other than that the job looks dead easy, (famous last words).

OP
OP
G

glyndwr

Free Member
May 11, 2014
Abergavenny
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
since 1984 Chausson atm
Thanks guys , ours is a Ford too had another look today and see that the main battery for starting is under the drivers seat , spoke to a mechanic yesterday and he is saying the battery can be removed without removing the seat , I slid the seat all the way forward and removed the cover disc but cant see how the leisure battery will fit through the hole even if the starting battery will do , surely even if another battery will fit even long ways you would be limited in amperage due to the space .

Dec 28, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson 627GA
Exp
We have a 2018 transit 627GA & the dealer fitted X2 110AH batteries under the passenger seat so can be done!

As for fitting no idea, sorry!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back