Chausson Flash 10 queries (1 Viewer)

Apr 19, 2014
CHESHIRE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
1 YEAR
1...What is the sensor underneath the bathroom sink unit for ??

2...If the electric table doesnt operate off the key is there a manual overide and how??

Ta
Woooody

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Gas alarm?!

2...If the electric table doesnt operate off the key is there a manual overide and how??

Eat outside? Heard of an electric cooker,or kettle but never a table.
I had a VW with an electric rising roof but it was easier to raise it manually.

Ta
Woooody

leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

Ta
Woooody
Hi Woooody,
just checked my wash room sink and there is nothing there. As for the table, I suppose you will have to use the bed in the higher position.
Regards,
Lee.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Maybe a photo of the sensor?

Or ask a dealer.

We looked at the Flash 10 before we bought our Welcome and I asked about the bed not operating. I was told it could be lowered / raised manually but don't know if that is true.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
No sensor under our sink on the Flash10. The bottle trap under the sink is white while the rest of the pipework is black, sorry to ask, but are you mistaking the bottle trap for a sensor?

On the electric table question, I suspect, but have not looked, that if the electric motor packs up then you could force the bottom plastic shroud, on the table leg, upwards, to expose the motor, then either turn it by hand or with the crank provided to hand-wind the bed.

OP
OP
WOOOODENTOP
Apr 19, 2014
CHESHIRE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
1 YEAR
No sensor under our sink on the Flash10. The bottle trap under the sink is white while the rest of the pipework is black, sorry to ask, but are you mistaking the bottle trap for a sensor?

On the electric table question, I suspect, but have not looked, that if the electric motor packs up then you could force the bottom plastic shroud, on the table leg, upwards, to expose the motor, then either turn it by hand or with the crank provided to hand-wind the bed.

The sensor is underneath the cabinet and comes up thru the floor.

Was concerned in case the table was in the down position if it failed.

Any idea on the cushion layout for the lower bed

OP
OP
WOOOODENTOP
Apr 19, 2014
CHESHIRE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
1 YEAR
Maybe a photo of the sensor?

Or ask a dealer.

We looked at the Flash 10 before we bought our Welcome and I asked about the bed not operating. I was told it could be lowered / raised manually but don't know if that is true.

~Yes it can be operated manually...you are supplied with a crank handle but it takes ages to operate due to the gearing

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
The sensor is underneath the cabinet and comes up thru the floor.

Was concerned in case the table was in the down position if it failed.

Any idea on the cushion layout for the lower bed

We have been trying to solve that one also. Need Steven Hawkings to figure that out

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I have the 510 and we put the cushions like this:

The long sofa back cushion goes on the lowered table, the lower cushions of the L shaped sofa slides onto the table and the back cusions fills the gap. I don't bother with the extra cusion not sure where it would go. Hope that makes sense, in Florida at the moment so can't send photo :)

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Would love to know about the table and manual lowering, that is the only bit that really worries me :-(

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Our van is a Welcome 35. I suspect some of the components are the same as on your Flash.
Our electric table leg has no means of manual operation. Having said that, its in the garage at home!
I removed it in favour of a removable Fiamma island table leg and table top from Rainbow Conversions in Wisbech.
I had to make an adapter plate to cover the huge hole left in Tue floor following removal of the original table.
We don't use the lounge bed..

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Our van is a Welcome 35. I suspect some of the components are the same as on your Flash.
Our electric table leg has no means of manual operation. Having said that, its in the garage at home!
I removed it in favour of a removable Fiamma island table leg and table top from Rainbow Conversions in Wisbech.
I had to make an adapter plate to cover the huge hole left in Tue floor following removal of the original table.
We don't use the lounge bed..

I may have a need for your table leg....if you want to sell it? Although ill need to know the minimum and maximum height to make sure it will fit.

Ta.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Sorry we are keeping it! I reinstall it once a year to make the van a 6 berth again for a lad's week away!

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
Jon and Shell, if your table is the same as fitted in the flash10 could you post some pics of it's working parts and how it fixes to the floor please ?

Ta Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back