Chausson-Check your panoramic front windows! (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson 627GA
Exp
Some info for Chausson owners with in warranty Van's.

When we picked up our brand new van a year ago I immediately noticed the front panoramic window lifting at 50mph plus.

It was the Remis type with four catches to fasten closed.

Dealer replaced with same model window 3 months later after ordering from Chausson factory.

Not long after noticed this window was warping on one side to the extent that the catch was popping off.

Another call to dealer with a VERY clear outline of 'fix it or take the van back'.

Just had an entirely new design fitted- dometic window with a crank handle to operate window as well as four catches-a much more robust design which should have been fitted in the first place imo!

So check your windows for warping/lifting - dealer admitted this was an issue with other customers & there is a fix available!

Model 627GA special edition on an auto transit base 2018.

More than happy with the van otherwise (only issue)

Hope that helps!

Rob

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
rob0114 - can you expand a bit further on what you mean by warping / lifting? Was that when driving?

I’ve a 2018 640 myself (bought earlier this year) so I’m probably a candidate for the same issue.

Certainly the window does feel a bit flimsy!

OP
OP
R
Dec 28, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson 627GA
Exp
Sure - first issue was over 50mph & more noticeable at 60mph was the corners of the window lifting resulting in wind noise & daylight visible through the crack.

Second window fitted warped on on one side to the point it would pop off the catch to the middle of the window resulting in the same wind noise & daylight.

Out today but will post up some pics of new window later.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R
Dec 28, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson 627GA
Exp
ShaKen

Sorry for delay - photos of new dometic panoramic window - hopefully not an issue for you!
20190710_195338.jpg

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
Thanks rob0114 - I’ve had the Moho on the road this weekend and sure enough the wind lifts at Motorway speeds!

I’m going to be at the dealers on Monday so will absolutely raise this.

You said your dealer knew about this - do you know if there is a Chausson fault reference no. or similar I can quote - or any more details on the specific replacement window fitted?

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
....window lifts at motorway speeds....

OP
OP
R
Dec 28, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson 627GA
Exp
Hi ShaKen , no manufacturer fault code/reference - probably just see who complains!

What I can give you is dealers name by PM if that helps?

A new dometic window is all I was told - worth pointing out that they fitted new model window when I said I would be charging for lost earnings & expenses for further visits to change the same window!

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
Hi ShaKen , no manufacturer fault code/reference - probably just see who complains!

What I can give you is dealers name by PM if that helps?

A new dometic window is all I was told - worth pointing out that they fitted new model window when I said I would be charging for lost earnings & expenses for further visits to change the same window!
Thanks rob0114 - that would be most useful!

Jan 5, 2015
Les Cabannes / France
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640
Exp
We have a 2018 Chausson 640 bought in France a year ago brand new. In October, when we were at the dealers, nipping in for something else, we noticed that the panoramic window was not seated correctly, slightly warped. It was replaced under warranty but not until March 2019. By complaining the most vociferously and often, we got the first one but the dealer had at least 8 other customers to do and just couldn't get the parts quickly enough from Trigano. No problems since then, but we do keep the blind slightly open to avoid heat build-up.....I am crossing fingers as I say this, as it's parked outdoors and temp is scheduled to be 38C today!!

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
Well I’ve had my window “glued” down by my dealer with black sealant as it was getting sucked up at the corners when driving over 55mph.

A new window is being ordered, but Chausson are on a factory shutdown right now thus no warranty authorisations until they’re back at work.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Some info for Chausson owners with in warranty Van's.

When we picked up our brand new van a year ago I immediately noticed the front panoramic window lifting at 50mph plus.

It was the Remis type with four catches to fasten closed.

Dealer replaced with same model window 3 months later after ordering from Chausson factory.

Not long after noticed this window was warping on one side to the extent that the catch was popping off.

Another call to dealer with a VERY clear outline of 'fix it or take the van back'.

Just had an entirely new design fitted- dometic window with a crank handle to operate window as well as four catches-a much more robust design which should have been fitted in the first place imo!

So check your windows for warping/lifting - dealer admitted this was an issue with other customers & there is a fix available!

Model 627GA special edition on an auto transit base 2018.

More than happy with the van otherwise (only issue)

Hope that helps!

Rob
We have water occasionally dripping down , Dealer said they have had several Motorhomes where they have had to replace the whole unit ours is going to be replaced, we also have the wind whistle, so hope that will disappear.

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
Well at last I’ve had the window replaced with the Dometic design panoramic window.

My van was with the dealer for over a month as it had a number of leaks which needed repaired under warranty :-(

But all fixed now by the team at Knowepark who we’re very helpfull.

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
That's interesting, my dealer phoned last week to advise Chausson had supplied a replacement seal to be fitted, which they have done. This is despite my frank discussion with them regarding a full replacement rooflight.

Mine is a September 19 registration which leaked and flapped about from new

I've asked to see the paperwork between the dealer and Chausson when I visit them next week.

The van has been with them since November waiting for various warranty replacement parts.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Just took my 718XLB for new Panoramic roof , 60 miles away hired hotel room retuned 2 days later to be told some parts missing , after parts being on order for months !! I hope all their Bank accounts are wrong, my way of Management was never accept mistakes , I know mistakes do happen but once Managers accept these without investigating the mistake, human nature takes over and no body gives a hoot , slack management promotes bad service as I have just experienced.
"O" and they found some damp inside garage on N/S or Left side.

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Ours flaps about at high speeds but ive just always put up with because it doesn't let water in and always remains intact but it can be a pain at times. I have a chausson 624 2017 model so I guess its outwith warranty? Do you know the cost to replace with the dometic window? If I ever need to do it?
Also do you have any idea the part no for the dometic roof window

Last edited:
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
The new one to be fitted to mine is a modified one that winds up and down , are you sure yours don't leak because mine does and drips in water , mine is covered by the Water ingress warranty which if you have kept up your Habitation services should be covered by this warranty ( if it leaks in water !!)

Tias

Free Member
May 1, 2022
Funster No
MH
Chausson 627GA
Hi rob0114 I can see that it's been some time this thread was active, but I have the exact same problem with my 627GA 2018 and now there is not even a partnumber for the original panoramic window from Chausson. :( So I was wondering if you still have your mobile home and if it would be possible for you to share the SKU / partnumber of the Dometic replacement that you got? I'm desperate here since it's virtually impossible to get an acceptable fix from my insurrancecompany. :(

OP
OP
R
Dec 28, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson 627GA
Exp
Hi rob0114 I can see that it's been some time this thread was active, but I have the exact same problem with my 627GA 2018 and now there is not even a partnumber for the original panoramic window from Chausson. :( So I was wondering if you still have your mobile home and if it would be possible for you to share the SKU / partnumber of the Dometic replacement that you got? I'm desperate here since it's virtually impossible to get an acceptable fix from my insurrancecompany. :(
Hi,

Yes still have the 627GA.

Had a look at the window but struggling to find a part number on it?

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Hi,

Yes still have the 627GA.

Had a look at the window but struggling to find a part number on it?
I had my new skylight fitted by Simpsons of Great Yarmouth , I would imagine they may have the part number for the skylight perhaps you could give them a call, my Chausson was a 718 Welcome year 2017 ,sold it now, hope this is of help

Dec 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Has anybody been able to source the modified Dometic part for these? Just contacted a Chausson dealer who said the Trigano part number for our van is VN238278V but the part is no longer available, Our van is 2017 and believe this skyview skylight is used in many other models so must be available from somewhere.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Has anybody been able to source the modified Dometic part for these? Just contacted a Chausson dealer who said the Trigano part number for our van is VN238278V but the part is no longer available, Our van is 2017 and believe this skyview skylight is used in many other models so must be available from somewhere.
The product Is faulty, on my 2017 Chausson 718 it was recognised the unit was faulty from new ,I don't think even at this age you should pay for the modified unit, the part number in your post may one that's fitted now that's been discontinued as you found out, and the modified one will be a different part number . Ask Michelle the Service Manager at Simpsons Great Yarmouth , Norfolk, I have found her knowledgeable and helpful she may be able to put a claim in for you.The reason mine was replaced was a wind whistle as it kept slightly lifting.

Dec 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
Chausson
The product Is faulty, on my 2017 Chausson 718 it was recognised the unit was faulty from new ,I don't think even at this age you should pay for the modified unit, the part number in your post may one that's fitted now that's been discontinued as you found out, and the modified one will be a different part number . Ask Michelle the Service Manager at Simpsons Great Yarmouth , Norfolk, I have found her knowledgeable and helpful she may be able to put a claim in for you. The reason mine was replaced was a wind whistle as it kept slightly lifting.
Thanks for your reply Tony, I will try Simpsons to see if they can shed any light on the issue, I did think there might be a technical service bulletin from Chausson which has the modified part number.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back