Chausson best of 510 questions (1 Viewer)

weirdfi5h

Free Member
May 16, 2014
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Where is the leisure battery located please?
I am also wondering about the radio in the cab which has speakers mounted in the rear too so I assume it can be used whilst on site. Does the radio run off of the leisure battery when on site? It isn't wired through the ignition. I'm worried that I'll flatten the vehicle battery if I use the radio without the engine running.
I'm used to caravans, this is our first motorhome, so everything ran off of a leisure battery or EHU, no vehicle battery to worry about.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Good question we had the radio on and never thought about which battery :RollEyes:

Upvote 0

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We have a Best Of 04 on a Ford Transit Chassis so not exactly the same but we can start you off with some info. & sure some 510 owners will clarify later. Think Leisure battery is under front passenger seat - people often add an extra one for when off EHU but we only have space for one:Sad: We have had a Battery Master fitted which makes sure that the electric is split between the engine battery & the Leisure one to keep them both charged so then unlikey to get a flat engine battery unless all completely depleted. We use our cab radio a lot but turns off automatically after an hour to save the battery but easy just to push the button on again - think it could flatten your engine battery if used all the time & you aren't driving around recharging it. Also plan to play the tv sound through the cab speakers but not tried it yet. We have a solar panel connected to our Battery Master as well as the EHU but think you can have one without solar. Funster members Van Bitz (members get discount too) are the experts on these techie issues see Broken Link Removed & their advice over the phone is free!
We have also changed from years of caravanning & it is a much bigger learning curve than we thought it would be but now being a MHF addict we are learning every day:Smile:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back