Chausson 630 (1 Viewer)

davekh1969

Free Member
Jul 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
chausson 630
Hi guys , we’ve just been told our 630 has arrived in uk, absolutely jumping for joy as you can imagine, now after reading all horror stories about it slightly taking the shine away, I would be grateful for any feed back from you 630 owners or other chausson model owners , good and bad
Many thanks
Dave

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
:pink:

We have a 630 and are extremely happy with it. One major problem we had was leaking windows in heavy rain but it was easily solved on the day by tightening the screws around the window frames and the dealer later put some silicone around the windows as well. We have also changed the Velcro straps on the shower doors to traditional turning clips.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
davekh1969

davekh1969

Free Member
Jul 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
chausson 630
Hi scousebird
Can I ask is yours a fiat or the ford ?

Tricuspid

Free Member
May 13, 2021
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 630
Exp
Ex-caravanner, newbie to MH
Ignore the horror stories, they sell loads and I'm sure the majority give no trouble at all. We have the same van and it's fantastic, we absolutely love it, to be fair we haven't had it long enough for much to go wrong, but nothing has so far ....

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
It's not a question of horror stories..
Chausson... and I've had a 620 from new so it's not fairy stories.. have some fantastic innovative layouts that suit a lot of people.. me included...
But in my opinion the standard of materials and workmanship is dreadful..
I've had no really serious faults but from day one there's been a constant issue with poor materials and terrible work..
So they are produced in a slip shod fashion and if my dealer was supposed to have checked the van over they didn't..
I could write a book listing things..
But ill give just one little example that shows the care taken on build and would indicate that whoever did it knew it was been done..
About 6 months in and I'm touring Ireland.. the van behind says mind your nearside side light is out..
When I eventually had a look the wire had been taped into the connector as it had come loose on assembly.. so just taped up in the hope it would do...but the Irish roads saw that it didnt (y) :ROFLMAO:
They are budget vans in the scheme of leisure vehicles but still between 40 and 50 odd grand and they get away with terrible workmanship..
I didnt bother the dealer with warranty work once I'd twigged they were pretty poor and wanted the van for ridiculous periods of time to sort things..
Life is just to short and I wanted the van on the road..
Perhaps that's half the problem..I was using the van a lot ..maybe they build for occasional use and it takes a lot longer to find the faults...then they can tell you it's out of warranty (y):ROFLMAO:
Don't let me put you off.. but be prepared for a few issues.. and hopefully like me up to now not serious imo..
Andy..

OP
OP
davekh1969

davekh1969

Free Member
Jul 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
chausson 630
Thanks all for your replies, still looking forward to getting it home and off on our first adventure, faults and all 🤷🏼‍♂️😝 , 👍👍👍 to all

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Don’t worry about it and enjoy it…….sure your going to have some issues along the way, but that goes will any brand.

You will however always get some people with brand snobbery……again don’t let it bother you, go adventure and enjoy yourself👍🏼

And a membership here will help solve any questions and issues you might come across.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
My son bought a year old Chausson Welcome on a Ford base two years ago and is very pleased with it. He did have a leaking window which the dealer fixed.
Be aware that on the Ford base the hab door locks itself after a period of time. He has had that feature disabled. He locked himself out with with the keys inside but luckily he had left the bathroom window open.

Window (2).jpg

Feet (3).jpg

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
There's not many funsters would fit through that window
I locked myself out of mine..fortunately I'd left the skylight open and managed to fit through (y) :ROFLMAO:
As you say I'd struggle with the bathroom window😳
Andy

Sep 25, 2018
Funster No
MH
Chausson 628eb Ford 170
Exp
September 2019
This is an old thread which I have just seen but I was very surprised at reports of poor build on Chaussons. First the Ford engine is superb and far superior to the underpowered FIAT unit with not just far more BHP but also much higher torque.

Ours is a 2018 manual model and is out of guarantee. Apart from the main large skylight/roof light warping which is a well known problem and which was replaced under warranty we had zero problems in over 30.000km.

I think that you will be very happy with your van but please let us know here.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back