Saltings

Chausson 626 (2014) REMOVING/REPLACING DRIVERS SEAT - (1 Viewer)

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
Saltings submitted a new resource:

Chausson 626 (2014) REMOVING DRIVERS SEAT - HOW TO REMOVE THE SEAT TO ACCESS HABITATION BATTERY

These are brief notes to help anyone remove the drivers seat from a 2014 Chausson/Fiat Ducato. Remember models vary from year to year!!

You will need to do the following:
  1. Get a friend who can help to lift the seat, they are very heavy.
  2. Remember that you cannot have the ignition on during the process because you will be disconnecting the airbag wires! :LOL: No accidents plse.!
  3. First thing will be to take away the plastic side panels beneath the seat (screwed on and the one...

Read more about this resource...

Jan 4, 2020
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
Well here's to you, Saltings!

Thank you for the posting. I followed the resource instructions closely and everything came apart and went back together well. As you have said, you do need to watch where the seat's crash tensioner earth is located at both ends, before removing the seat. The handbrake end was obvious after you had pointed it out but the other end is difficult to spot during the removal process.

Ours is a 2020 model and it wasnt clear for a while that the two screws holding down the little red plastic switch retainer need to be removed to be able to disconnect the positive terminal of the engine battery. (Is this switch a battery isolator?)

I removed the seat in order to connect an inverter. I have have two leisure batteries and I got one or two sparks before realising that both had to be disconnected before the the leisure battery bank was fully isolated.

A great and well written resource.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back