CHAUSSON 2018 FORD STOP START (1 Viewer)

mrhappy

Free Member
Feb 9, 2018
West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Chausson 630
Exp
10 years
Hi I have chausson ford auto with stop start , its worked very intermittently as not at all most of time after it spent loads of time in ford dealer they told me my chausson electrics are not compatible this was later confirmed by the chausson dealer has any one else had this issue also I had a problem with the diesel heater faulting which eventually was resolved by bypassing the CBE Control panel same again anyone had a similar issue.

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
We have a Benimar Ford, and my stop-start almost never works. I think it is quite simple, the only time it did work was when the auto fridge was turned off, which was the drive for the habitation check.

There are quite a number of conditions when the stop-start doesn't work and it seems that when the auto fridge is on and the engine running, the fridge runs on 12v and it is drawing enough current from the alternator to inhibit the stop-start. Quite logical when you think about it.

On this year's Benimar Fords, there is no longer any stop-start, so Trigano clearly have realised the problem.

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
I think Fords and possibly other manufacturers are quite good at sensing when there is a load on the battery and disables the stop start option

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Mine doesn’t work..........coz I turn it orf.

I’m not a control freak,but..................................... :LOL:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Probably totally irrelevant, but my Jag had some electronic gremlins - the reversing camera only worked intermittently for example. And although I wasn't unduly bothered, the stop-start was no longer functioning.

The dealer couldn't find any faults - not showing up on the diagnostic system. But suggested a 'software update' of some sort might be useful. And hey presto, stop-start began working normally and the reversing camera was also fixed.

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
We have a Benimar Ford, and my stop-start almost never works. I think it is quite simple, the only time it did work was when the auto fridge was turned off, which was the drive for the habitation check.

There are quite a number of conditions when the stop-start doesn't work and it seems that when the auto fridge is on and the engine running, the fridge runs on 12v and it is drawing enough current from the alternator to inhibit the stop-start. Quite logical when you think about it.

On this year's Benimar Fords, there is no longer any stop-start, so Trigano clearly have realised the problem.

I thought that auto stop start was disabled if a fridge was running so that (smart) alternator keeps running to power fridge as they are quite high drain on battery....(electrics isn’t my thing I’m afraid!).......it follows auto stop start should work when fridge is switched off??.......as you state Ford/Trigano have removed it...makes it easier now!

My experience of auto stop start is that there are so many variables that stop it working it’s almost not worth having!

Last edited:

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
The dealer couldn't find any faults - not showing up on the diagnostic system. But suggested a 'software update' of some sort might be useful. And hey presto, stop-start began working normally and the reversing camera was also fixed.
Mine had a software update at Christmas, no difference.

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
I have 2 vehicles with stop start and always switch them off as the wear on the starter motor and ring gear will always cost far more than the fuel saving.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Mine had a software update at Christmas, no difference.
OK, sorry to hear that didn't help. But at least it's something to consider trying.

I don't have a stop-start system on the van, so not an issue for me at the moment.

Before the Jag, I had a couple of cars with stop-start and neither suffered a single hiccup with the system...

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I thought most good mechanics said that stop start wears your engines and parts out faster and the supposed saving in fuel is negated by the repair and replacement bills. As for the pollution argument that doesn’t work either as more is exhausted each time the engine starts again.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
I thought most good mechanics said that stop start wears your engines and parts out faster and the supposed saving in fuel is negated by the repair and replacement bills. As for the pollution argument that doesn’t work either as more is exhausted each time the engine starts again.
One of our cars that had stop-start was probably amongst the first models in the UK to have it. And, surprisingly, it was a Citroen C3 (a special edition) and in our case was registered in June 2006. We bought the car when it was six months old in January 2007. And it is still in the family - it's been my son's motor for at least 7 years, and no problem with wear and tear etc.

Many 14-year old cars have already been scrapped by now...

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Most vehicles the stop start only works when the the battery is in optimal condition. On my car it worked at first but did it work if you had both radio and air con on with fan above lowest setting.
Car is now 8 years old it's not worked since the second year, thank goodness got fed up with turning it off, used to hate it.
Can't see it ever working properly in Motorhome with leisure battery being charged & fridge running.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Merc garage told me that the battery has to be 85% charged for stop start to work,so if you do mainly short journeys with it under load it won’t work.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We have ours switched on all the time in our Octavia but if the aircon is drawing a lot of power the engine starts it also does it you turn the steering wheel as its electric power assisted so sounds like the fridge as others have said probably stops the stop start operating.
Why not try it with the fridge and panel off if it then works its really operating like it's supposed to switching the engine off unless theres an electrical load.

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
OK, sorry to hear that didn't help. But at least it's something to consider trying.
It wouldn't help, as I said above, the current draw from the auto fridge revents stop start working.

OP
OP
M

mrhappy

Free Member
Feb 9, 2018
West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Chausson 630
Exp
10 years
The stop start does not work with leisure battery disconnected and the fridge off and in 9000 miles has only operated on one 20 mile journey and briefly one cold morning when I was taking it to ford for the fault to be checked , my motorhome dealer eventually told me that chausson had said it was fridge after they had repeatedly blamed Ford , its no big deal, I was interested to know if anyone had any more info

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back