Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have been trying to sort out the chat room to no avail. We are not the only ones having problems, it is only a $5 script and the owner is not working to fix the bugs. As we upgrade our server and forum software, the chat room code is throwing bugs up.

The chat we have been using is this oneLink Removed just $5

The one I would like to eventually install is this one click Minimum $298:Eeek:

I am barred by my wife from spending any more money on the site before we have earned it:RollEyes: We are presently well into the red from recent software and server upgrades/ renewals and she is watching me like a hawk:Cool:

Unfortunately we will have to put up with the chat room problems for a little while longer. Sorry:Blush:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
No worries Jim, we appreciate you trying to fix it.:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Save your money jim, nowt wrong with it, I have been in and out like a ducks tail in water:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Welcome! You have entered [Bar] at 7:09 pm
[Bar]: Johns_Cross_Motorhomes has entered at 7:09 pm
[Johns_Cross_Motorhomes] 7:09 pm: then click chat again
[Wildman] 7:09 pm: yes always just cole the entire window
[Johns_Cross_Motorhomes] 7:09 pm: no problem
[Wildman] 7:09 pm: close
[Johns_Cross_Motorhomes] 7:10 pm: i can work out typos
[Wildman] 7:10 pm: that it what I always said, until yesterday, hee hee

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Well Jim this is what i would say: is there here a funsters family ? Or not ? Couldn't we all give 1eur and have the new chat room? Is there a way Jim to give it to you with credit card?
Come on funsters!:shout: isn't it worth it ? I would personnaly go up to 10eur if not enough funsters ! Anyone else?

Frankie:winky:

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Thats a good idea graham, I am sure a whip round at newark would put some pennies in the coffers Jim. :thumb: :thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm sure that won't be necessary, its just a bit of time required that's all. The best thing that Funsters can do to support the site is to buy the club mercandise. In one year I have only sold a tiny amount of stickers, pennants and checklists, lets hope we shift some at Newark::bigsmile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Am locked out again, looks like I will have to talk to the wife, well maybe not, hee hee

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hi Jim. Dont you have a Paypal account that funsters wanting to send a contribution to could use?? If everyone sent you £1 you would have enough to buy the new software in no time :thumb:

Come on everyone what does £1.00 buy you?? Not even 1 ltr of diesel in 2 weeks time :cry:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
the current chatroom is now so bad I get locked in every visit. other users can still come an go just as I had been able to. It is obviously not just bugged software but infected by a hackers code. As it gradually adds people to its "I'm not going to let you out mode"

I had a look at the proposed new software and kept trying various display modes, it has a lot of bells and whistles but has one major drawback for me and that is the displayed text size. Whilst one can control your own text size there is no control on that of other users. The small print is hard for me to read. now Bearing in mind the average age of Motorhome users tending to be in the upper bracket then I would guess others have similar problems. Maybe I am just too old for this lark, hee hee.
time to send in the little men in white coats. I have no wish to keep wasting Jims time gettting me out of jail and chasing the Ghosts away so will stay out of chat now until a working solution is found. Sorry Guys and gals, don't all disappear on me. Those of you who can get in need to do so more often to keep the chatroom alive. See you all soon I hope.
Darn, have to chat to the wife now I suppose, I wonder if the dog can learn to talk.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

mopauline

Free Member
Sep 27, 2008
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
3 Years
chat

I still cant access the chat rooms is it still down or am I in coventry ha ha

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Jim

Just to let you know it worked fine for the quiz, it did show sheelagh logged in still, and yourself.

I am sure there are a few of us that would put a small donation in to help.

I know you want a free site, but its not like your got our arm up our back or anything.
You are a generous guy, but sometime charity does begin at home.

Kind regards
Pat

mopauline

Free Member
Sep 27, 2008
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
3 Years
Hi there Jim

I have been trying to get into the chat rooms to update everybody on the decorating etc
in our new bungalow also to join in he quiz but it just keeps saying that someone is already logged in with my details is there still a problem or is it my login
thanks Pauline & Maurice (Mopauline)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi there Jim

I have been trying to get into the chat rooms to update everybody on the decorating etc
in our new bungalow also to join in he quiz but it just keeps saying that someone is already logged in with my details is there still a problem or is it my login
thanks Pauline & Maurice (Mopauline)
hi Pauline and Mo,
the gremlins are still hard at work in chat making life as hard as possible.
if you cant get in now you wont be able to until jim gets the new chat software.
unfortunately theres nowt you can do to get in.
Jim has the ability to sort it temperarily but he just hasnt got the time to do it every day.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
hiya Jim,
Apologies if I am out of order as no offence is meant, but couldnt we have a
a raffle just for the software needed for the chatroom to be fixed easier for you/ us?

Perhaps it could be started at Carmarthen or another venue as a rolling gathering of items towards a date which is meaningfully to the funsters. which i would as well as others by what has been said here go towards the software needed so the chatroom is accessible to funsters?? Even spilt it towards a charity close to you and others

Admitttedly I have a reason as..i cant get into the chatroom, boo hoo :shout: and I will stand up and admit I am a funster addict and need to get in :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

champers

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
on and off for the whole of my existance
I have quite a good reason for getting the chat room up and running again as wildman will understand!!!
I am happy to either run one or help run either a raffle or auction (as a change) at the cearmarthan get together, if thats ok with Jim.
So for all those that have expressed a will to getting the chat room back, I am sure i can count on you for a donation at caermarthan.
Looking forward to it.
Cheyne

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I have quite a good reason for getting the chat room up and running again as wildman will understand!!!
I am happy to either run one or help run either a raffle or auction (as a change) at the cearmarthan get together, if thats ok with Jim.
So for all those that have expressed a will to getting the chat room back, I am sure i can count on you for a donation at caermarthan.
Looking forward to it.
Cheyne

waste of time Cheyne,

the proceeds of the newark raffle were offered to Jim for the purpose of buying the new chat software and, for his own reasons, politely refused the offer.

i think it will embarrass(spelling?) Jim to have to keep refusing well intentioned offers so best just to leave it until advertising revenue is sufficient to cover the cost.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Jim, if my memory serves me right the other place, MHF had exactly the same problem a few years ago and the name of the software sound familiar also. Not much help but just a bit of info.

Doug...

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
So Jim will not take the cash raised, why not spend that cash buying checklists and destinations books to be auctioned for charity next year. that way he will have the income from sales, and further proceeds will be raised for charity next year. Seems a daft way to have to do it but why not.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back