Chastised for Blowing Bubbles (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Have been on a C & CC Rally (temporary holiday rally) at Seaburn on th NE coast near Sunderland. Our tenth and last night rally bends tomorrow so number of units has dropped to 28 in a huge show-field. Great location and have thoroughly enjoyed our stay and meeting some very nice folk.

In the afternoon sunshine I was entertaining our 15 month old grand-daughter with a bubble wand blowing bubbles for her to chase which she excitedly did. Next thing a jobsworth from a caravan appears followed by his wife. Opening line "Do you know its in the C & CC rules that your not allowed to blow bubbles on any of their campsites or rallies"!!!:Eeek:
If they land on an awning they destroy the waterproofing, by this time his other half was having her oar in saying she'd had words with a family yesterday about the exact same thing, kids blowing bubbles. They both stressed repeatedly how damaging bubbles were to awning waterproofing and they were not trying to cause a scene or argument. :shout:

This is the last day only 2 tuggers still have awnings up most took advantage of the weather to take them down this afternoon and neither unit is within a hundred yards and not downwind.

You couldn't make this up could you :whatthe::whatthe:

Not wishing to start a big argument in front of our grand-daughter OH and I agreed not to create any more bubbles. Some folk really need to get a life,:Eeek:

Anyone else come a cropper over this rule?

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Not heard of any rule like that. The following advice is on their website:

And don’t forget you can inadvertently decrease the water resistance of your tent yourself. Detergents are designed to allow water to penetrate grease and muck so it can be washed away. If you allow detergent on to your tent it will do the same thing and let water in. As a result,[HI] don’t let children blow bubbles round the tent[/HI] (if they ‘pop’ on the fabric you could find a damp patch later) and avoid drying wet towels on the side of your tent (there’s every chance some detergent will be left from the towel’s last time in the washing machine).

Seems to me though someone really does need to get a life, as you say.

Steve

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Not heard of any rule like that. The following advice is on their website:

And don’t forget you can inadvertently decrease the water resistance of your tent yourself. Detergents are designed to allow water to penetrate grease and muck so it can be washed away. If you allow detergent on to your tent it will do the same thing and let water in. As a result,[HI] don’t let children blow bubbles round the tent[/HI] (if they ‘pop’ on the fabric you could find a damp patch later) and avoid drying wet towels on the side of your tent (there’s every chance some detergent will be left from the towel’s last time in the washing machine).

Seems to me though someone really does need to get a life, as you say.

Steve

What is about retired Police Officers
Causing trouble wherever they go.:ROFLMAO:
don't think C&CC Ruling would go well in East London.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Anyone who has camped under canvas will understand the pitfalls,two main ones are not to touch the sides of the canvas when wet,especially when raining as this can cause the ingress of water at that point and soap DOES destroy the waterproofing qualities of canvas.
However 'Captain and Mrs Mainwaring could have been a bit more polite than barking rule 'so and so' to you. BTW flying kites isn't allowed either.
If you think club sites are draconian THS has its own brand of jobsworths,give them a high vis jacket and they turn into Hitler.
Bearing in mind the protection of waterproofing issues CLs & CSs are better.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
That is why I go on adult only sites

But you still get sad bar stewards worried about their blinking awning.

My response would have had an "off" in it somewhere, once I had established that they were serious.:Doh:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry, you are a lot more tolerant of 'jobsworths' than i would be.

I would have given them chance to show me a WRITTEN rule to that affect or failing the production of such, told them to f*** off and annoy someone else..

no time for people like them.

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
I should add neither of the rally marshalls seemed bothered one was enjoying watching the antics of our granddaughter.:ROFLMAO:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
There are some seriously sad people around.

I don't suppose bird sh**, acid rain or pollution does anything to an awning at all......

And a few drops of diluted bubbles will???

They really need to get a life.....

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I truly can not believe this.

Nikki and I are literally peeing our pants reading this story.

How on earth did you hold it together?

I would of fell about on the floor laughing my cotton bits off....

With so much going on in the world these people really really need to get a life. These people would of seen my sense of sarcasm at its best.

Well done for holding it together:thumb:

pendy

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
3 yrs
Didn't Michael Jackson get into trouble for blowing bubbles:ROFLMAO:

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Think they have gone over the top! It's not as if you were surrounded by tents and lots of awnings either. My theory is they forgot to bring theirs and were jealous!

Kath

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Didn't Michael Jackson get into trouble for blowing bubbles:ROFLMAO:

and that, is the best line I've seen all year!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Int that remark... sexist or is it rasist,,, or sumfink like that...:RollEyes:

I like 18 year old`s... :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
dont mind 18 year olds myself Mo....

gfdob.18yov6.jpg

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
Taken from C&CC site just for Stewart Js education:Smile:.

"And don’t forget you can inadvertently decrease the water resistance of your tent yourself. Detergents are designed to allow water to penetrate grease and muck so it can be washed away. If you allow detergent on to your tent it will do the same thing and let water in. As a result, don’t let children blow bubbles round the tent (if they ‘pop’ on the fabric you could find a damp patch later) and avoid drying wet towels on the side of your tent (there’s every chance some detergent will be left from the towel’s last time in the washing machine)."

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Who cares???????!!!!!!!!!!!

If you like rules and those who enforce them, or you even get a thrill from enforcing rules yourself, carry on using club sites.

If you have a life, stick to Fun rallies, CLs, aires, laybys and Haven sites!::bigsmile:

I do emphasise with the Tuggers though, a leaking awning might cause water to go in their electric heater they constantly seem to run in there!:roflmto:

The regimented behaviour of some caravanning kids is a bit worrying, also. It makes me laugh when all the kids are sent off on their errands during pitching. I wonder if they rebel by p****ng in the aquaroll and only drinking bottled pop?:whatthe:

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
How do you guys expect me to sleep soundly tonight knowing how I,very caused such upset and possibly damage to a tuggers waterproofing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Its like a Monty Python parrot sketch is it not. Hope I can come face to face with the jobs worth tomorrow :thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
unfold a wire coathanger or two make a large circle get the washing up liquid and a bowl of water and see how big you can make them that should annoy the hell out of him

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Now replaced with a plain roundabout, In Seaburn, there was for many years a fountain in the centre of the roundabout. That fountain must have been the cleanest in the country judging by the amount of washing up liquid that went into it. It was quite common to wander along the sea front with bubbles blowing everywhere. No doubt, that would have caused them distress.

Why do these people always claim there is a rule about it?

G4OGE

Free Member
Apr 11, 2013
Northwich,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
Caravanning 30+ years
We Have a similar thing in Northwich, (or supermarket town) as we will soon have 8 or nine of them, sorry I digress, it takes the form of a mine shaft winding wheel along with various stainless steel pipes which used to spout water (well for about a week) until the same thing happened, upon which it took on the appearance of a giant washing machine; needless to say it is now grassed over and looks like someone has left a pile of scrap around.::bigsmile::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Did these camp-site lawyers have the proper kit on 'black shirt and shorts and a whistle'? and was the correct card displayed?.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Ive never gone with the masses
Just so you know:thumb:
Try playing with yer fairy liquid next to my £1000 Isabela Awning
And youl'l be coughing bubbles for a week:RollEyes:
G

G4OGE

Free Member
Apr 11, 2013
Northwich,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
Caravanning 30+ years
G

Sounds like a 12 mile exclusion zone required here then I'm not even going to wash up to vigorously 'gulp'.::bigsmile::whatthe:

Bluemerle

Free Member
Sep 22, 2011
Out and about
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
June 2012
G

I wonder why so many people on here think the bubble saga so funny!! A few years ago, I was camping in the lake district, in a very expensive polycotton tent. I returned from a walk to find a group of young children, playing with bubble guns around my tent and visible signs of detergent marks on the tent.

I asked the children to stop, and explained why, next thing irate parents ranting that children doing no harm, but they did stop them!!
2 days later heavy rain sets in, my tent leaks, holiday cut short, tent has to have detergent removed, and be reproofed!!

Remind me what bit of the bubble blowing is so BLOODY FUNNY!!!!!!!!!

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I only made that post because it seemd no one wanted to post the oposite view point.
I dont use awnings or tents so bubbles would never send me up in arms, but the other sides argument is just as valid and explains the reasons why, its when your not given a reason that my blood will boil interestingly enough 90% of those replying would have a heart attack if a tennis ball so much as looked at their motor home.
AS FOR LOOKING FORWARD TO AFELLOW MEMBERS DISASTERS:RollEyes:
Your to late mate Olley had em all:ROFLMAO::roflmto::roflmto:
Exploding tyres, Trailers snapping in half, awnings destroyed by wind,:RollEyes:
Hang in there Blue you wont have to wait long for his next one:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
G

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back