Chasson Flash 626 stained floor (1 Viewer)

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
We have just had our Chasson hab. check carried out and the technician found that we had not left the bathroom tap open during the winter although we had drained the system totally. So upon opening it he found that it flooded the floor running into the main part of the cabin. Upon collection some 6-7 hours later the floor was still wet, although not flooded. We dried it up for the agent (after all it is not their job!) and found that there were light yellowish lines running the full length of the cabin floor and also under the dinette table. They were not only dis-coloured but were also in the form of 5 mm wide "dips" in the vinyl surface. The raised floor in the bathroom and the raised floor leading to the front are unaffected.

Has anyone experienced this before? The dealer said they were there prior to them working on the m/h but none in the family have ever seen them previously.

My only thought is that when they let the water leak over the whole floor instead of draining it into the grey water tank it soaked into the Alko/Chasson chassis and this has released a yellowish die that has seeped up through the vinyl causing the dis-colouration, but I may well be wrong. Any ideas anyone?
Cheers
Saltings

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Couple of questions.
The "tech" opened the bathroom tap and it flooded the floor? Why?
You dried the floor for the agent? What agent?

OP
OP
Saltings

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
Hi Boringfrog!

We opened the tap ourselves on the day prior to the habitation check and no water came out.

They opened it for an unknown reason and managed to fill the sink and let it overflow over the floor. Although those working on the job ("the techs") managed to clean up most of the water when we returned we still had to dry around the dinette seats where water was still lying. They also left drill shreds on the table and blood on two seats!

My reasoning is that they may have added a new hab. battery prior to touching the tap as this was required. Therefore when they opened the tap the pump forced the water out, whereas the day before, when the pump was not working, this could not happen. Normally the water would drain away into the grey water tank but there could be two scenarios: 1. they turned the tap on and just left it and it overflowed; 2. part of the internal workings of the tap were damaged and required replacing and when removed these caused the leakage.

I haven't named the agent until we take it up with Mastercard but as it is a Chasson dealer we would expect far better service as they are so few and far between. If you know of a really good agent who respects your property I would be delighted to know!
Cheers
Saltings

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I do not know the Chausson floor material but find it strange that it seems to absorb water.
Anyhow, the 'Agent' or 'Techs' caused your van to be damaged, for which you do not seem to be responsible as you were not in the van when the damage took place.
I am sorry but do not fully understand the role of 'Agent'. Was this your own van being serviced or repaired? If so it must be down to them. Why Master Card are responsible I do not know.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
However you look at it, the dealer/service tech company are responsible for any damage caused due to their 'negligence', you didn't turn the tap on and let it flood the MH, they did, no matter how it happened.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back