chassis batteries (2 Viewers)

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I always use Pheonix Batterys. Unfortunately they are based in Leicester but they are at all the shows.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
There is always the Batery Mega Store who advertise on this site. They are in Tewksbury and offer free delivery

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Try here

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
:Cool:Hi Dave we have just fitted a new battery. It pays to shop around. In our nearest town we have a camping and leisure shop 85ah battery £66.00 just up the road is a car parts shop the same leisure battery £ 49.99. Its very nice looking round camping shops but anything with Leisure on it you pay for. Good Luck Bob.:Smile:

OP
OP
lugnutt

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi and thanks for all your info
the one i am taking out is a motorcraft bxt-65-850 and was garanteed for 84 month but i don't know how long it has been there:ROFLMAO:
i take it the 65 is the a/h and the 850 is the cold cranking rate i would like one the same if pos phoned the mega store but no answer have to Waite till after the holls all other links don't give the cold cranking is this relevant or am i to fussy?

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
hi and thanks for all your info
the one i am taking out is a motorcraft bxt-65-850 and was garanteed for 84 month but i don't know how long it has been there:ROFLMAO:
i take it the 65 is the a/h and the 850 is the cold cranking rate i would like one the same if pos phoned the mega store but no answer have to Waite till after the holls all other links don't give the cold cranking is this relevant or am i to fussy?

Hi Dave
I haven't checked all the links but I am guessing that they are pointing towards "leisure" batteries, and generally these do not specify Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) because that is not their intended function.... Try just getting a general starter battery from a local motor factor or even Halfords, I would suggest looking Link Removed for some info etc
Hope this helps mate

Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hybrids

Free Member
Aug 7, 2008
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
Bit of a post resurection, but incase you didn't get sorted I may be able to shed some light on your battery spec
You have BCI group 65 battery fitted, thats 850CCA.
The problem we have here in the UK is the nearest physical size to a grp65 is only around 600CCA.
If your E350 is Petrol you will probably be fine, if it's Diesel then they don't like less than 1600cca.
Our E350 Diesel had a missmatched pair of chassis batteries when we bought it with a total of only 1100CCA, fitted a pair of Sprial batteries (Optima or Exide Orbital) and it starts so much better.

If you want as much CCA as possible from a similar size then an Optima or Exide Orbital will be ideal.

regards
Gareth

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back