Chaser and Burtonbird....just a quickie!! (1 Viewer)

Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
3 yrs, (tenting and tugging before)
So what's new you may ask!!!
In France for only ten days which will be a quickie for us. I suggested Brittany, somewhere we've never been together and he has taken some persuading. Arrived yesterday pm and drove to Cayeux Sur Mer. Large site, takes 60 vans but only us and two others on it. Overlooking the dunes. Campsite behind where you are supposed to pay 7E but reception was closed so we had a freebie. Very nice, left early this morning heading for Honfleur..but that's another story!! IMG_20170618_191646987.jpg
IMG_20170618_191646987.jpg

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Enjoy we stayed there last year and used the campsite loos and showers!! It was busy then!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
She doesn't say who the navigater is though you will notice:rolleyes:;):)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Chaser got a freebie on the site!!! I bet he was jumping up and down for joy!!! Probably drove off squealing with delight, hanging out the window shouting au revoir mon ami!! Xx

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Chaser got a freebie on the site!!! I bet he was jumping up and down for joy!!! Probably drove off squealing with delight, hanging out the window shouting au revoir mon ami!! Xx
Said they left early in morning! Bet it was about 5, just in case the reception opened:D

OP
OP
burtonbird
Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
Daft as it sounds it nearly bought my dinner(y):)

He's about right. Stopped for a nice lunch on our 'travels'. Won't bother getting you to guess. Menu Du Jour in a village bar doesn't give much scope for guesses!

So yesterday we spent most of the day travelling. Suffice to say we took the 'scenic' route, 5 hours to do 100 miles. We had two problems, his Sygic wasn't working and neither was my map. Why do road numbers on maps never match those on the roads? And why do they change at every bend???

So we finally arrived in Cormeilles which looks OK but as it was Monday not even a bar was open. Nice Aire, very clean and well set out bays, takes about a dozen. Water and emptying, get a token apparently from most places in town ( as long as it's not Monday). Will check it out after brekkie.

OP
OP
burtonbird
Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
First Passion of 2017, and as usual it took some finding!
Had a long but uneventful drive straight down to the Go!fe de Morbihan, even found an Aire for lunch with a friture. Had decided on an oyster farm, found the village no problem but then spent at least half an hour going in and out on every road from every direction. Finally resorted to asking a local. Toute droite, toute droite, juste au but.....and there it was. There are boat tours around the oyster beds if you happen to be here at the weekend, and a restaurant. Unfortunately the menu is totally fruits de mer so it's a no-go!
20170620_162121.jpg

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
First Passion of 2017, and as usual it took some finding!
Had a long but uneventful drive straight down to the Go!fe de Morbihan, even found an Aire for lunch with a friture. Had decided on an oyster farm, found the village no problem but then spent at least half an hour going in and out on every road from every direction. Finally resorted to asking a local. Toute droite, toute droite, juste au but.....and there it was. There are boat tours around the oyster beds if you happen to be here at the weekend, and a restaurant. Unfortunately the menu is totally fruits de mer so it's a no-go!View attachment 169720
Great for you is it Chaser who doesn't eat moule ?!

OP
OP
burtonbird
Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
Great for you is it Chaser who doesn't eat moule ?!

No, Anthea, he eats no seafood of any kind (except battered fish). I love it though. Will certainly be finding one or two places that serve seafood and steaks!!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
No, Anthea, he eats no seafood of any kind (except battered fish). I love it though. Will certainly be finding one or two places that serve seafood and steaks!!
Here's a picture for you until you find the restaurant that does both!!
image.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back