Chaser and burtonbird go to france (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
@chaser and @burtonbird , have booked the tunnel for 16.00 Tuesday , we shall be in gravelines Tuesday night all being well, after that anything could happen , the general plan is to head for Carcassonne but we have no current , France passion, acsi, or even a current all the Aires or a dedicated sat nav , we shall be relying on here maps on phone and the searchforsites website,and Julie on the maps, could end up anywhere, but you can depend on being updated if we can find wifi or a 3 signal.
If anyone else is in the general direction , give us a shout(y):)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We were down near Carcassonne a couple of weeks ago, we didn't plan it, it just happened!
If you turn right at Carcassonne and continue into the Pyrenees, I can recommend the aire at Payolle. Great views of the Pic Du Midi de Bigore ( dirty great mountain ) and coveted in snow when we were there.
Sounds like you're going to have a great time though, wherever you end up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Happy travels.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Why not stay at home, spend a few nights in the van on your drive, and get a nice library book with pictures of France for you to look at - be a lot cheaper:reel:

Have a great time :france:

Peejay1

Free Member
May 30, 2013
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Burstner travel van
Exp
2 years
Hi we're on the tunnel on Wednesday 14.00 first stop is the Marcoing aire then meandering down to the Costa Brava for the end of May via Carcasson that's all the planning, there's a lovely aire at Homps on the Canal du midi no services but a campsite nearby to dump and fill if you ask nicely and hand over a couple of euros, can't remember what it's called though.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Have a good one! :) We will be in that area of France in about three weeks, heading east towards Italy and possibly beyond if the mood takes us.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Why not stay at home, spend a few nights in the van on your drive, and get a nice library book with pictures of France for you to look at - be a lot cheaper:reel:

Have a great time :france:
Wish you had said before I booked the tunnel(y):)

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Have a great trip.(y)
Unlike madcap Ian I am compiling a series of maps marked with sites and eating places to make future tours even better. So the more pics and recommendations the better.:)
It also makes for a lovely virtual trip for us too.:whistle:

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Bon Voyage! We're very envious. Our finances only allow us to go abroad every two years so it will be the UK this year. Hope you have a wonderful time.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Have a great adventure and post some pics for those of us stuck here in Blighty

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well, Julie has been in and out all day, think we are loaded up now(y);), iv had to keep my eye on the snooker:whistle:
Steady trip tomorrow , no rush aren't booked on till 16.00:)

Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
3 yrs, (tenting and tugging before)
Well, Julie has been in and out all day, think we are loaded up now(y);), iv had to keep my eye on the snooker:whistle:
Steady trip tomorrow , no rush aren't booked on till 16.00:)

Well, he's right, I have been in and out all day loading the van, including his stuff. Are there any other ladies on here who have to pack for their other halves? ...or is it just me?
Still, all done now except for fresh stuff in the fridge before we leave. Between us we'll keep you up to date with our adventures!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Well, he's right, I have been in and out all day loading the van, including his stuff. Are there any other ladies on here who have to pack for their other halves? ...or is it just me?
Still, all done now except for fresh stuff in the fridge before we leave. Between us we'll keep you up to date with our adventures!
Julie! Yes I pack the van as he says he drives!! But I do take more stuff then him! Have a great trip and enjoy!
He does pack his clothes but I always add a few more pants and t shirts so I have to do less washing!!(y)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Pete does his own then I say 'What about/Aren't you taking your ..?' - ie indicating what I wish to be seen out with him wearing LOL

Camo green/khaki is all very well, it suits him as it happens plus of course doesn't show the dirt.

However ..... !

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Bon Voyage! We're very envious. Our finances only allow us to go abroad every two years so it will be the UK this year. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Believe me - once you get to an age where you have the time the inclination and the money - very often life happens and the NHS starts to dictate when you can take holidays - not anything as simple as choice or finances.

Soooo - just grab every opportunity you can whilst you are able!

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Believe me - once you get to an age where you have the time the inclination and the money - very often life happens and the NHS starts to dictate when you can take holidays - not anything as simple as choice or finances.

So very true Jenny

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Its the other way round here. I have to pack fr us both.

Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
3 yrs, (tenting and tugging before)

So true! You could be a millionaire, but without your health you have nothing. I'm a great believer in living for today!

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
So true! You could be a millionaire, but without your health you have nothing. I'm a great believer in living for today!
So between us we useualy strike a happy medium(y):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back