Charlie. (1 Viewer)

Charlie2

Free Member
Dec 14, 2017
Funster No
Hi' Its Charlie here.

Some time ago I decided not to post after a disagreement with another member.

Now if I log in I cannot post under my username Charlie nor send PMs or anything else.

Can I please ask why this is ? I was not banned or did anything wrong and Im sure my subscription is still valid ?

I could understand the rights being taken away or my loss of privileges to reply or post if I want to IF ive been banned but not for taking a break of my own accord ??

I am genuinly confused here Jim as I have done nothing wrong to the extent I was notified of a ban

I cannot find a tab that will allow me to contact Jim or Admin to resolve. That is why I registered as Charlie2 to ask the question.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Charlie @Jim will probably not see it today as Katie is moving hospitals and they are moving home as well the best is on Jims post you will see get in touch with me here thing, maybe try that , but could be a couple of days.

Nice to see you back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I’m not sure but I think you have to make five posts before you can pm...?

Try five somethings on this thread and pm me and see if it works and in the mean time I’ll pm you to see if tha t works..:xThumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Charlie again was your avatar a picture of Mrs Browm (from Mrs Browns boys)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Glad you're back Charlie, my mhome needs a rub down with collinite :xgrin:

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Yes welcome back Charlie!!! Sales & share prices in Collinite Wax have declined immensely since you stopped posting, but I like others have mentioned your good advice none the less.
Hope you are well & have a great Xmass & new year!

PS: your new temp Avatar is not stating you are currently a member of Fun, maybe thats why you are having problems, but as others have said Jim is busy moving house etc over the next few days, no doubt he will sort it out for you soon.

All the best
TinaL & Les (the polisher)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Screenshot_20171214-155044.png
you are listed as a member in black which i think is read only.
Has your membership lapsed?

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Hi' Its Charlie here.

Some time ago I decided not to post after a disagreement with another member.

Now if I log in I cannot post under my username Charlie nor send PMs or anything else.

Can I please ask why this is ? I was not banned or did anything wrong and Im sure my subscription is still valid ?

I could understand the rights being taken away or my loss of privileges to reply or post if I want to IF ive been banned but not for taking a break of my own accord ??

I am genuinly confused here Jim as I have done nothing wrong to the extent I was notified of a ban

I cannot find a tab that will allow me to contact Jim or Admin to resolve. That is why I registered as Charlie2 to ask the question.
I thought it was a bit odd, I PM you some time ago for advice on decals and didn’t get a response which was very unusual since you were always very helpful to members
Welcome back mate look forward to your advice on detailing

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Strange Charlie is showcase on line but not answered any reply's wonder if it's still playing up
@Jim

OP
OP
C

Charlie2

Free Member
Dec 14, 2017
Funster No
View attachment 201911 you are listed as a member in black which i think is read only.
Has your membership lapsed?

I’m no angel.... I can be abrupt I know that but so do those that have baited me. That’s NO excuse I know that but it’s just the way I am. Being in the building trade has had its effect maybe on my errrrr blunt way of putting things. Again that is no valid excuse but it is the way I am.

As above I lack tact. But I did think I had my wee place here when it came to the care and detailing of not only our MHs but our cars as well. I truly believe that there would never have been a detailing section without my input backed up of course by @FJmike ..... So not rotten to the core ?..

I have only 3 posts as I’m here right now as a guest with the 5 post rule before a further subscription. There is no point in taking out a further subscription as I would of course be sussed in no time and it’s not my way of doing things. I set up another account so I can get a definite answer whether I like it or not as to what is going on.

I will unreservedly apologise to anyone I have offended. Giving offence was NEVER the reason I post .

Carol I may appear online as Charlie my original account as I could be logged on from my desktop PC. I can log in but cannot post hence setting up a different account.

Gorse Hill I cannot receive PMs due to insufficient privileges . Sorry.

My original Avatar was the Joker but Carol did not like it so I changed it to a picture of our MH. Then changed it to a picture of Mrs Brown.... Maybe I learnt my approach from Mrs Brown ( Mrs Browns Boys )

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
When I read the op i thought you cant pm as you haven't paid your subs as your name is in green.

Having read on I now realise who you are :xdoh:

Good to have you back you tactless blunt speaking builder type :D

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Welcome back Charlie, hope you get sorted soon,
Cheers, Dave:xThumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Charlie, just checked your profile and it's showing as you still as a paid up member not showing as banned or anything so must be just a glitch that @Jim will be able to sort out when he's able.
I've read what you have just posted please don't give up fun you have given a lot of advice, yes we all have different approaches to posting but that's what it's all about, as you can see you have had welcome back posts already so don't think about those that disagree think of those who appreciate you posts.
I hope you and your wife are settling into your new bungalow and are keeping well.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
From memory you started a goodbye thread which has now been deleted. Jim has been known to refund subs in certain circumstances and if he did in your case this would explain why you are shown as read only. :)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
As per others....... welcome back Charlie. Good to see you again :xThumb::xThumb::xThumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
image.png
From memory you started a goodbye thread which has now been deleted. Jim has been known to refund subs in certain circumstances and if he did in your case this would explain why you are shown as read only. :)

As far as I can see Charlie is still a paid up member, not showing as read only.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Try not to get involved in disputes these days, as the old saying goes "life's to short". I have to say though I always found your advise and the detailing threads invaluable. If I were to chose to use washing up liquid on my M/home then so be it, I definitely would not criticize another member for their use of a quality product.
I did feel at times you were challenged unnecessarily.
It takes a real person to apologies (see what i did there PC lol) and I do hope that yourself and FJmike return to the forum.:xThumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Charlie, I don't know what issue you are having I will take a look. The last post I made on your goodbye thread was this..

Sorry to see you go Charlie. However I will say, that its some of your posts recently that have been rude. Seems when you disagree strongly with someone you cannot help but get rude and personal. :doh: That is not the fault of the forum.

We don't allow goodbye threads here. I'd prefer you stayed and debated issues you feel strongly about nicely and without resorting to insults. But that's up to you. I hope you stick around. Your informative posts will be definitely missed. The rude insulting ones we can do without. Thread closed. :(

If you've reconsidered then I'm very happy to see you back here as long as its the nice Charlie and not the rude one. You have been banned once before for being rude. Then I had to write to you about further rudeness in Sept and you took umbrage and left.

You say in this thread

I can be abrupt I know that but so do those that have baited me. That’s NO excuse I know that but it’s just the way I am.

As for the "Baiting" well you might see it that way, but when I look all I see is someone with an opposing view to you and expressing it; then you getting rude.

Even if I'm missing something and someone was being malicious, you should report the post rather than risk being banned.

We all have too much invested here to see it go the way of other forums where people having peeing contests everyday or continue petty arguments across threads. This is a nice place because of Rule 1. Please respect it and enjoy the fun. Thanks

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Welcome back, your return will make me feel guilty every time I slosh a car shampoo foamy sponge over my cars or van and then just rinse off with the hose before getting on with life.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Charlie
Hope you will come back.
I too can be too blunt at times(quite often after a glass or three!),but I have learnt to keep my trap shut. It is sometimes very difficult to resolve arguments when you are not face to face.
Your input is much appreciated as you are respected as being knowledgeable.
We will never all agree about everything!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back