Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This year at Lincoln we'll be having a charity raffle. We normally donate to national charities but I thought we'd be selfish this years and choose a smaller charity close to our hearts. So 100% of the raffle ticket sales with go toward research for Myasthenia Gravis*, some of you may know that our daughter Katie suffers with this, as yet, incurable disease.

We'll be doing our best to get some great prizes for the raffle, and if you have anything that you'd like to offer as a prize that would be great. The raffle will be drawn on Sunday after the bacon roll breakfast. http://www.myaware.org/

Myasthenia gravis (my-us-THEE-nee-uh GRAVis) is characterised by weakness and rapid fatigue of any of the muscles under your voluntary control. This is caused by a breakdown in the normal communication between nerves and muscles.
There is no cure for myasthenia gravis, but treatment can help relieve signs and symptoms, such as weakness of arm or leg muscles, double vision, drooping eyelids, and difficulties with speech, chewing, swallowing and breathing.
Though Myasthenia Gravis can affect people of any age, it's more common in women younger than 40 and in men older than 60.
http://www.myaware.org/

Last edited:

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
jim i believe i speak for the majority of you,r follower,s when i say i,ll always support a worthwhile course,

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
JIM the funsters at PEMBREYi think would also like to be part of your fun raising I will ask at the rally if they do not donate in the pot with them come on WALES lol still lol ray

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Jim
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just had a message from @FJmike donating a prize to this raffle.

I would like to offer a Standard Valet( value £55.00) from www.motorhomevalet.co.uk. This would not include mileage and could be upgraded with additional cost being paid by winner. So that the prize can be used at the winners convenience can you say to be used within twelve months.

What a great prize. Thanks Mike, really appreciate it. (y)

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
that was a lovely gesture FJMike (y)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Jim.

I have a Brand New unused rucksack (photo attached) worth about £30 retail which you can use for the raffle if want. We are staying in the general section but hope to join you as much as possible. Will drop it over on Thursday.
colyboy

Attachments

• RUCKSACK 002.JPG
    RUCKSACK 002.JPG
    271.1 KB · Views: 21
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I have packed a carton with several small things which you are very welcome to!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Great result (y)

@Jim I am intrigued if not a little confused about the Gift Aid bit of your last donation

You may recall I collected a much lesser sum at the B + B for things sold on behalf of Lesley (Steles) which was donated to Ashgate Hospice, local to us both. I went in with £52 collected and explained it was for things sold, but they said I could not gift aid it as it was not technically my money I was handing back in and the tax status was unclear

So I decided to round it up to £60 out of my own pocket to more or less cover the tax bit, Bev then appears with a few things we 'needed' from the shop, only costing a few pounds which she paid for separately, the shop manager then said, do you mind if I put your £60 down as paid for these items, then we can gift aid it o_O:)

BTW, I do hope yours is allowed of course, disappointingly confusing, I would imagine that most of us on here pay some tax, so gift aid should be allowed really, maybe the charity shop in my case were being over cautious

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm not sure how the gift aid works, I have told them that it is the proceeds of a charity raffle. Wether Myaware actually get the gift aid remains to be seen.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I'm not sure how the gift aid works, I have told them that it is the proceeds of a charity raffle. Wether Myaware actually get the gift aid remains to be seen.

They can claim gift aid on a donation if the person making the donation pays income tax. The assumption is that the donation you make is with money you have earned and therefore paid tax on. The charity can claim the tax back on your behalf.

The Just Giving page shows the donation as being from you so as long as you've paid, or will pay, some of your hard earned to Her Majesty this year they can claim back what you've paid on the amount of the donation.

What you can't then do is put it as a charitable donation on your personal tax return and claim it back again. Well I suppose you could but HMRC would take a dim view if they found out (y)

Reactions: Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back