Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
... one question JJ is there more than one football team in Manchester :Tongue1::getmecoat:

Yes M1TCH there are several teams in Manchester...:thumb:

Man City,

Man City reserves,

Man City U21s,

Man City Under 18s,

Man City Under 16s,

Man City Ladies team,

and Stockport County (sadly no longer in the Football League :cry:

JJ :Cool:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
AIDS, Corruption, Nepotism, Bribary is rife.

ignorance and superstition play a large part in the population explosion of Africa. It is a widely held belief that raping a virgin cures aids ... :Sad:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6076758.stm

no amount of aid will ever change Africa .. and perhaps we shouldn't even try ..

In the 70s I lived in RSA during the apartheid regime.. there was law and order, plenty of employment. I don't support apartheid, but since getting majority rule it has only gone downhill, it will end up the same as Rhodesia, Kenya, and every other colony that is now independent.. just another $hithole..

Rhodesia , a once very prosperous country, the bread basket of Africa ... rich in minerals and every resource needed to make it a wealthy country .. now the fields lie barren, the mines closed, the railways fallen into disrepair, industry gone, corruption endemic .. and they now ask for aid ..

Harsh words , yes, .. but then the truth often is when it comes to Africa.

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
If every household gave just a fiver (gallon of juice /packet of fags/ bottle of wine :thumb: it would not be missed) I know it would not sort the horrendous problems but hell it would help:thumb:

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
No it would not, it would line the pocket of intermediaries, you are perhaps naive or live in cloud cookoo land I'm afraid, sucked in by the flash and expensive marketing :thumb:

Africa is Africa, it will never change, they are in the dark ages, they have been given chance after chance after chance and all wasted. The only people who make money in the world are the arms dealers, no shortage of cash when they want weapons is there!

If you don't believe me GO THERE, see it, smell it, breath it, touch it, unfortunately it is spreading here to the UK, and we are suffering greatly, a lot is hushed up but this country is slowly getting dragged down the pan, we are going backward, not forward, just look at the literacy in London and it will spread and is spreading!

Until people realise we are all different and stop trying to make everyone fit one mould, we are stuffed. Anyway, maybe living a simple life is in fact better than all the cr@p some people have to deal with over here, maybe we are the mugs!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
"Africa is Africa" is an interesting statement... (see above)

I don't know much about it as my experience is limited to living in Sierra Leone for six months just after independence was granted...

..but...

I was under the impression that Africa is made up of many different countries (un-naturally created by colonial powers) with many, many different cultures (and some countries having huge reserves of natural resources), where millions upon millions of non starving people live their lives as best they can like the rest of us in this imperfect world.

I guess it may be true that they are in the "dark ages" and are not civilised enough to be able to enjoy the likes of East Enders and the Jeremy Kyle Show etc.

I bet some of them don't have enough cultural savvy to learn vital information from newspapers and so are unaware of who is screwing whom or which nightclub so and so was in last night.

Poor lost souls... never knowing the joy of sitting in a traffic jam morning and evening as they fight their way to and from a small room with a desk in it where they can get enough money to pay the interest on a loan for a roof over their head in a house that they will own in twenty-five years time (if they are lucky.)

Thank goodness there are different ways we can live our lives and different ways we can judge other societies.

I don't think it would be very clever to assume that because other people don't aspire to the things we aspire to they are in any way lesser human beings...

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
they keep showing those poor little children suffering to tear at our heart strings and give money. But and its a BIG BUT why don't they give contraceptives??

Now then I know the religeous beliefs but surely until they get on their feet they should not be allowed to bring so many children into this world to be so cruely kept.

People in this and other countries have to make sure they don't have more children than they can cope with so surely they should do the same.

By having less mouths to feed the remaining will have more to eat etc they will get stronger and eventually fend for themselves. then and onlyu then have a football team if they want.

I doubt that God in any faith would want all this suffering in their name.

Now your all goanna think I am a horrid person but I am not I just hate to see those inocent children suffering.

Please excuse any spelling mistakes.:Blush:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
If every household gave just a fiver (gallon of juice /packet of fags/ bottle of wine :thumb: it would not be missed) I know it would not sort the horrendous problems but hell it would help:thumb:

£5 for fuel or fags?
When was that then?

Ok, so we all give a £5, what then, next year the year after the same problem, what then?

Oh yes we all send a £10...

Ten years on

Oh yes, £25....

The solution is not to send money, it will achieve NOTHING...

They live in an area which has suffered from drought for a long long time. whatever it can grow is not enough to sustain a big population, Mother Nature may be giving them a big clue....

Africa, has and is suffering from greed, the greed of its corrupt leaders and politicians, they always have.

One last observation, the UK is no longer self sufficient in feeding its people, yet we allow more and more to enter. Builing more houses is also not the answer, thats a double edged sword, the more you build the less ground you have to grow things to feed the nation...

Uncontrolled population growth will caus no end of problems, Food Wars, Water Wars, Wars regarding territory, Wars regarding whatever.....you can see it coming....

Please think beyond the current issues, the long term must be considered.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I agree with most concerns about sending money to Africa. I have never knowingly sent a penny there in aid of its 'development' However this particular appeal is an emergency appeal to give immediate life saving help to people who desperately need it.

If I see someone who desperately needs help in the street, I don't ask whether they deserve it before I help. However I appreciate these days too many people just walk on by. There are always plenty of excuses they can use for doing so.

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
they keep showing those poor little children suffering to tear at our heart strings and give money. But and its a BIG BUT why don't they give contraceptives??

Now then I know the religeous beliefs but surely until they get on their feet they should not be allowed to bring so many children into this world to be so cruely kept.

People in this and other countries have to make sure they don't have more children than they can cope with so surely they should do the same.

By having less mouths to feed the remaining will have more to eat etc they will get stronger and eventually fend for themselves. then and onlyu then have a football team if they want.

I doubt that God in any faith would want all this suffering in their name.

Now your all goanna think I am a horrid person but I am not I just hate to see those inocent children suffering.

Please excuse any spelling mistakes.:Blush:

"Now thats a nice way of getting my original point over" well done and by the way i dont think your horrid Gray.

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Charities have shed loads of money to use, they want to get into places with their T shirts on to get exposure and more donations made, it is a ruthless money making business. There is no argument that 'some' of the money does get through, but just look at the expenses and costs incurred, absolutely amazing.

Still without some genuine organisations lives would not be saved, so maybe better to just shut up and let the scam continue and the naive give over their hard earned money to some of the parasites that are involved in 'some' charities for their own benefit.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
the expenses and costs incurred, absolutely amazing.

Obscene is a better word.

Last year I came home and saw a donation form, asked wife, "he was such a nice man I donated to XXXXXXX".

That annoyed me, she can never say no and hate people knocking on the door so I looked at the paperwork.

She stipulated just one year. I read the small print, loads of it, and it stated that the collection company took a fee based on one third of a three year donation term. So that means our money went to the collection company and nowhere else. I must admit they cancelled the agreement on demand. But the small print implied that the charity paid based on contracts issued so it's possible the charity lost the year's donation.

I wrote to Dame Wotzername, the CEO pointing this out and the waffle I got back just said they benefit from this approach.

We donate directly to a local hospice direct, we know that works. And to the odd FUN endeavour, we hope that works.

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Not very charitable as no one as sent any donations to send me of in to the sun CHARITY BEGINES AT HOME MY ARSE:Sad::Sad:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Not very charitable as no one as sent any donations to send me of in to the sun CHARITY BEGINES AT HOME MY ARSE:Sad::Sad:

Don't know what you are talking about... I gave Smudger a couple of envelopes crammed full of folding stuff and he said he would pass them on to you... :thumb:

JJ :RollEyes:

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Yes M1TCH there are several teams in Manchester...:thumb:

Man City,

Man City reserves,

Man City U21s,

Man City Under 18s,

Man City Under 16s,

Man City Ladies team,

and Stockport County (sadly no longer in the Football League :cry:

You've been in the sun too long again JJ.
Have a lie down Mate.:winky:

Regards, john p:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back