WestieDave

Free Member
Oct 27, 2019
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2012
I have a Truma Solar Dual Battery Charger (SDC10/20) fitted. The leisure battery is connected to the solar panel in battery position 1. I want to add the vehicle battery to the trauma unit, it looks like simply connecting a wire from the 2nd battery position direct to the vehicle battery.

Am I correct or have I missed something, I'm surprised it wasn't connected when we bought the motorhome from new. We have a Majestic 135 (Eldis) bought new in January 2019.

Your wise and enlightening advise would be appreciated.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Its usually a pig to find a route to the starter battery. That's why they can't be bothered at the dealers.
If its the standard dual battery charger then all you need do is take a pair of 6mm cables to the starter battery from the solar controller.
What base vehicle is it?

OP
OP
W

WestieDave

Free Member
Oct 27, 2019
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for the response, it is a Peugeot Boxer (6 Metre). I think the main issue will be getting past the habitation door opening.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
The Majestic 135 is normally fitted with a 110 watt solar panel, so I would leave all of the solar going to your leisure battery and fit a Battery Master to top up your starter battery as and when it needs it.
You can mount the Battery Master near your leisure battery and you only need one thin wire to go to your starter battery, and as Richard and Ann says, run the wire under your van, which I have done.
As a Funster, you will get a 10% discount on the Battery Master from Eddie. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back