Charging for dogs on sites (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Of course you could turn this on it's head.

If you are at a site and they charge £5.00 for a couple of dogs would the campsite staff pick up poop if it was left by a dog who's owner who was out of sight and more than 300 yards away... :Doh:

Stealth Tax? Yes

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I'm afraid that reading all of this does nothing more than add to my site aversion and use of CL.s.

I like a farm CL where my dog is welcome, it can run on the fields without me having to pick up after it, and let nature do its thing.

Last week we stayed on a CL on the sanstone trail. No facilities at all other than water and waste dump in to a pit. £6 a night,[HI] no facilities equals no caravans,[/HI] we were in a rather large field fenced in on all side, Tara could do as she pleased and loved it, of course we picked up after her as it would be used by others, but being able to leave her outside was bliss, she loved it, it was hard to get her back in at night, this is my idea of a site.

Must make note of this site Paul .. can you post the co-ords.. ? sounds idyllic :thumb:

as a TUGGER , we also prefer and use no facilities sites where ever found .. as do many other tuggers .. so why do you think that caravan owners wouldn't use ??

To answer the OP .. provided the dog price is clearly shown on the site pricing menu then that's up to the site owner.. you book or you don't.. simple.

It's only a stealth tax if hidden and then added onto the final bill.

PS.. we also have two dogs.. and don't use sites that charge for them..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back