Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We booked a ferry to go to Jersey in the channel islands from St malo, €442 return, nil for the permit.
Ok we thought as we've not paid a lot on sites recently and I always wanted to have a look at Jersey.
On contacting the campsite initially they said price was £161, they now say the cost is £225 for the week.
We have to use a campsite there apparently, the permit permits us to drive round the island as long as we return to a booked campsite.
I feel a bit miffed that they now decide after booking a ferry to put the price up saying we needed a bigger pitch ad we are 6.5 mtrs.
But hey Ho, you can't take it with you.
The island is 9 miles wide by 5 miles long so shouldn't take us long to discover ALL the island.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
At those kind of prices, I'll give it a miss until lotto numbers come up.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
If it's like Guernsey to travel on then take it steady. We took our panel van to Guernsey and there is a reason why the kerbs at the side of the road are very low and that is so you can get up them easy to avoid oncoming cars.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
Had a couple weeks work there few years back.cheaper to book a holiday than book seperate plane and lodgings.be careful of speed limits .it was carefully policed .sometimes 20 mph in the unlikeliest places.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back