Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Dudley West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Five
Hi all, looking for some answers if possible, I am considering having the Camos CSA140P dome system installed on the van, it has a 40cm dish and I amondering just what channel coverage this system will give us access to in the UK. We would prefer to be able to recieve the BBC, ITV, channel 4, and 5, plus any others. I think this also involves the sat reciever one uses but as a complete novice to sat systems I am not too sure, so any advice would be really appreciated from those in the know, thanks in advance.

Pearl and Mike

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Hi all, looking for some answers if possible, I am considering having the Camos CSA140P dome system installed on the van, it has a 40cm dish and I amondering just what channel coverage this system will give us access to in the UK. We would prefer to be able to recieve the BBC, ITV, channel 4, and 5, plus any others. I think this also involves the sat reciever one uses but as a complete novice to sat systems I am not too sure, so any advice would be really appreciated from those in the know, thanks in advance.

Pearl and Mike

Says it all dude ;)

Most people will say stay away from the dome type :thumb:

I have an Oyster Vision auto seeker................well happy with it ::bigsmile:

Boo

Frankia

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The dome will give you all the channels broadcast by Sky (with a digibox and appropriate subscription) for most of the UK. It may have difficulty in the north of Scotland where it can't depress low enough.

If you want a system which will give you the channels you mention anywhere south of the Pyrenees I wouldn't recommend the dome as the 40cm dish won't stand much chance.(apart from ch5 which can be received using any dustbin lid).

I agree that the Oyster is still the best bet for travellers who venture further afield. The new Magicsat with the auto skew is also a nice piece of kit BUT about £2500k!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
A cheap sat digi box will get all the channels you mention without a Sky subscription .. about £35 from Maplins..

Re dish, I agree with Frankia .. 40cm will be fine for most of UK and northern Europe.. further south you will pick up the Astra Southern beam, no BBC or ITV but with plenty of other channels.. BBC World news, CNN, Men and Motors, Euro News , True Movies etc etc

hth

Jim

mulaz

Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Durham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
3 years
Good supplier for sat gear

i can recommend Big discounts in the Satellite Superstore UK catalogue. Cheap satellite dishes, Low priced receivers. :thumb:for satellite equipment
they are based near Newcastle & collection is possible ,the prices are very good.
They have a great selection of kit and can also give you good advice
i purchase a 90cm dish with high gain LNB last year for £60!

my full sat set cost under £100 small sky mini dish for general UK touring and the larger dish for foreign places.

But i do fancy a Nice Grundig 12v High def freesat box! £139

meggie

Free Member
Jan 12, 2009
milford haven
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8y
if you buy dome it siton top about 5/7in high,oyster vision lays flat when down:thumb:

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Hi if you go to RoadPro | Tech Tips: Practical and easy to follow advice on our products
they are the main importers and provide coverage maps.

I have the Camos dome and more than happy with it, I believe from other posts that the dish types do suffer from wind:ROFLMAO:

I notice you are not to far from me, you are more than welcome to come and have a nose, after all its a big investment.

Roy

Oh I just noticed
I am considering having the Camos CSA140P dome system installed on the van,

Should you fell up to it, it's a doodle to install.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

midlander9

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Dudley West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Five
Camoos Dome

Hi and thanks to all who replied to my ``channel coverage`` query about the Camos Dome, only got a small van,20footer and not much space on the roof, its a Swift Suntor590PR and the way they have situated the roof lights and things, well, have`nt got that much space, and have read of the problems with high winds with dishes, and we only holiday in the UK due to the wifeys disability, so as long as we are able to recieve most of the UK channels then I think that will suit us, but again thanks for your replies much appreciated.
It seems to me anyway that all systems have there pro`s and cons,some people prefer this system, some prefer another, and after trawling the internet and checking through several different systems I think its down to individual choice, myself, well I just dont want a dish system on the roof, yes I know the dome sits there all the time, but that suits me, so thanks again for the input.

Mike and Pearl::bigsmile:

RoadProAndy

Free Member
Nov 4, 2007
Peckham, in London
Funster No
Exp
11 years
Domes - the facts

Boo says: "Most people will say stay away from the dome type".
May I comment?

1. I don't think most people would say that.
  2. Anyone who does say that probably doesn't have one.
  3. Before anyone makes bald statements about domes or any other type of satellite system (or anything else at all come to that), they really should make sure they are in possession of all the facts.

Pearl and Mike specifically ask what channels they will get in the U.K. if they use a Camos 40cm sat-dome. The answer is: all the channels that you would expect to get at home and all the channels that you would get with an 85cm dish, whatever the make. It's that simple.

If anyone would like more information on dome systems, please let me know.

RoadProAndy (from RoadPro)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back