Changing SIM in Huawei 5776 (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Have used this device in France and Spain with a Europasim.

I have a 3 contract sim that I want to use for our trip to France starting tomorrow.

I assumed as it was showing 4 bars in the number `3` on the device that it was working but although my ipad connects to it, I cannot use the internet so obviously there is another stage I have missed.

The device was purchased from EE and unlocked. When I connected it to my PC and go to the EE Broadband page it says.... "Connection failed. This profile is invalid. Please contact your provider 3.

I can click on `Settings` and then can log in using `admin` for both username and password. This takes me to the `Quick set-up wizard`. Hitting `Next` takes me to a page asking for me to choose Profile name, Username, Password and whether I want a dynamic or static APN but non of these options allow me to put anything in the boxes, so I cannot get past this point.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Steve

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
type in the search bar my3 this should take you to a page to register and go through a system that allows you to top up etc....

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thanks for the replies.

\i found the answer in the original thread. here it is just in case anyone else comes looking...

Ref setting up a 'new' APN:

If you've already unlocked the MIFI and are ready for the 'next stage' you need to do the following:

• Launch your web browser and a screen should come up automatically from 'EE', if it doesn't instead copy and paste the following into your browser address and it will take you to the EE screen:
Broken Link Removed
  • When you get the error message again you need to log into EE to create a new one as, although the MIFI is unlocked it will still be trying to connect to the Internet using the original EE APN address settings so you need to make a new APN profile with your own network settings instead, so to log in:
Click on the Settings icon (cog at bottom of screen) and log in with:
ID: admin
Password: admin
  • Click on Profile Management on the right (in blue) and then New Profile and create a profile for your network as follows:
Profile name: call it whatever you want - I just called mine Three
APN: three.co.UK [if you're on another broadband network you'll need the APN for them which you can get off their own website so you'll need to do this beforehand!]
User name: LEAVE BLANK
Password: LEAVE BLANK
  • Click okay (or whatever the 'confirm' button says) and it's set.

The next time you turn on the MIFI and go on the Internet you may be asked to use the 'wizard' to set up your MIFI, if so just do as it says and you should find that the APN is still your 'new' one, if not create a new one again and then do the wizard. I'm not sure why it did this to me yesterday but it's not done it again since so I assume it was a 'one off' with it being the first time I'd turned it on since getting it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Another question for anyone who has taken a 3 contract sim to France, does it just work (assuming roaming is activated) when you first turn it on in France, or is there a process of some kind to follow?

Thanks

Steve

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
As Encantadour has already posted some of the info about this, this is a link to my website with the full blurb on it in case you need anything else:

http://melsweb.yolasite.com/

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
from my understanding 3 will work but so long as you have had the contract for at least 1 month and depending on your contract if you have a eurosim why not just use that ?

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
from my understanding 3 will work but so long as you have had the contract for at least 1 month and depending on your contract if you have a eurosim why not just use that ?

Because I am already paying £15pm for the 3 sim.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
ok it was just a question

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Three will just work, as long as you have roaming on, and it works well.
As I have said on other threads, be carefull if you get near the Belgian and I presume the Spanish border, as three will immediately take a fiver out of your allowance and tell you after, as they are not in the feel at home thing, and that is everyday!

Deleted User
Just to point out that as far as I am aware this Broken Link Removed is a link to the Huawei platform to input the details of whichever sim is in it, EE is a service provider.

It is also possible that the APN may be different for PAYG and contract customers. I tried to use a Vodafone sim and ended up talking to the techy people to get the correct APN for my PAYG sim as the information on their website was ambiguous if not wrong.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just to point out that as far as I am aware this Broken Link Removed is a link to the Huawei platform to input the details of whichever sim is in it, EE is a service provider.

It is also possible that the APN may be different for PAYG and contract customers. I tried to use a Vodafone sim and ended up talking to the techy people to get the correct APN for my PAYG sim as the information on their website was ambiguous if not wrong.

As the Mifi was originally sold as an EE branded item the link above will always show the EE dashboard 'interface' NOT Huawei, regardless of what sim you use in the Mifi (ie what provider) - the Mifi is basically just 'programmed' to use this specific branded version. It makes no difference at all to the use of any other sim - for example if we put our '3' sim in it, it still shows/uses the branded EE dashboard.

As for using another sim in the Mifi, it isn't as 'simple' as most where it will automatically detect what you have put in and set it up, you have to manually put in the APN for your service provider. I spent a lot of time getting to the bottom of this when I originally bought, and recommended, the Huawei E5776 to people on this forum and to help others to set it up quickly, due to it being 'different' from the norm, that's why I produced my web-page.

Deleted User
Try again

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User
As the Mifi was originally sold as an EE branded item the link above will always show the EE dashboard 'interface' NOT Huawei, regardless of what sim you use in the Mifi (ie what provider) - the Mifi is basically just 'programmed' to use this specific branded version. It makes no difference at all to the use of any other sim - for example if we put our '3' sim in it, it still shows/uses the branded EE dashboard.

As for using another sim in the Mifi, it isn't as 'simple' as most where it will automatically detect what you have put in and set it up, you have to manually put in the APN for your service provider. I spent a lot of time getting to the bottom of this when I originally bought, and recommended, the Huawei E5776 to people on this forum and to help others to set it up quickly, due to it being 'different' from the norm, that's why I produced my web-page.

What you say is correct but my Huawei mifi which was unlocked, bought from Motorhome wifi and has this 'interface' Broken Link Removed

If your EE interface is different to this then I am wrong in my assumption that this is a Huawei interface to enable different sims to be used in Huawei products.

This is the link from your web page to the 'EE interface' Broken Link Removed remarkably similar to the Huawei interface!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I'm afraid I can't see 'your' version of the interface as I can only see the 'EE' one as it is an ex-EE Mifi that I am using so it doesn't 'load' anything else - perhaps posting a screen shot would help? This is mine:

Attachments

• EE Mifi interface.jpg
    EE Mifi interface.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 6

Deleted User
I have not got my device with me at the moment so can't post a screen shot but the same interface comes up with a vodafone sim and a three sim so I assumed that it was a generic Huawei interface and as the web address is the same as the one you posted I thought it logical to assume they were all the same.
Perhaps I was wrong.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
It probably is a 'standard' Huawei interface which has been simply branded for whatever sim provider the Mifi was originally locked to. As your Mifi was an unlocked one, ergo I assume that at the time of purchase there was no requirement to buy it with a PAYG or contract sim (as there was with my Mifi) it stands to reason that it should only show the original Huawei interface as it would be totally free from ANY network at that point.

Some Mifis and dongles, despite being identical models, have the branding printed on their actual outer casing for wherever you get it from, so if it's from '3', it will have their logo on, or 'EE', 'Vodaphone' etc. If it was sold without any link to a network provider it would normally have no branding other than the make of the unit (eg Huawei).

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Hi there,

For phone unlock problems you should visit this site to help you.

Heres the link: https://www.unlockbase.com/
People tend to buy the codes off Ebay for 99p which I would imagine is cheaper than the website you've given a link to.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back