Changing reverse camera monitor (1 Viewer)

M

Mike H

Deleted User
I would like to change the reversing camera monitor to a larger screen. I have a 7" flat screen tv/monitor which I would like to use. I can connect the camera and power lead to the set but how do I tune it in? Thanks. Mike H.

S

stagman

Deleted User
I would like to change the reversing camera monitor to a larger screen. I have a 7" flat screen tv/monitor which I would like to use. I can connect the camera and power lead to the set but how do I tune it in? Thanks. Mike H.

Be carefull if using TV monitor as it does not give you a mirror image as does reversing monitor.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I may be wrong on this, but, doesnt the camera just plug into the AV inputs of the TV?

The Yellow, and Red/White connectors If it's got audio.

The Cams I have Seen do

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
I may be wrong on this, but, doesnt the camera just plug into the AV inputs of the TV?

The Yellow, and Red/White connectors If it's got audio.

The Cams I have Seen do

me thinks you are right there american dreamer :Doh:

OP
OP
M

Mike H

Deleted User
Thanks for replies. Have tried to connect AV lead but no joy. I think the connection is not making proper contact, the male and female connectors don't want to stay together, as soon as you take pressure off they disconnect. Will try again tomorrow. Thanks again. Mike H.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I am in the market for a small monitor if you are parting with existing one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?

What I meant to say was......Shouldn't need tuning then.Just switch over to AV Input.Strange the connectors won't stay in though.I'd have thought they would have been standard.:Doh:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mike H

Deleted User
Thanks again.
It seems as if the AV lead on the new monitor is wired differently and is not supplying the camera with power. So I'll have to stick with what i've got. A new Camos 7" monitor is £250.
MikeH.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back