Changing Peugeot boxer front bench seat for single (2 Viewers)

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Anyone know if VW T4/T5 (180 base) will fit in a 2002 Boxer Pioneer?
There's a guy selling what were rear swivel seats (single and double, with integral belts) in a VW that I fancy for front in my Boxer
I fitted t5 seats to my old Renault master van.

Worked a treat with swivels as it meant that being slightly narrower to still had back to front access just!

Bolting down wasn't too hard either.

Cheers James

Oct 18, 2021
Saltaire
Funster No
MH
PeugeotBoxerPioneerV
For some reason my iPad will not copy and paste the link, but go to products, Ducato/relay swivel seat page and then look at the photos underneath, mine is the light coloured board showing photos with the swivel in different positions.
Thanks - found it.
I'm picking up my (new to me) Boxer at the weekend. Will do some measuring and drop you a line. We're not a million miles apart
cheers

Oct 18, 2021
Saltaire
Funster No
MH
PeugeotBoxerPioneerV
I fitted t5 seats to my old Renault master van.

Worked a treat with swivels as it meant that being slightly narrower to still had back to front access just!

Bolting down wasn't too hard either.

Cheers James
Yes that was my thinking too - need the gap still. Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Thanks - found it.
I'm picking up my (new to me) Boxer at the weekend. Will do some measuring and drop you a line. We're not a million miles apart
cheers
No problem, just waiting for seat supplier to give me a delivery date, should be in the next 3 weeks 👍🏻

Feb 12, 2023
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer 2008
That’s a great deal, can you remember who the seller was? I’ve looked and looked and can’t find anything like that on eBay
I'm having exactly the same problem, like gold dust and mega expensive 😔

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
I'm having exactly the same problem, like gold dust and mega expensive 😔
You should be able to find a drivers seat more easily and cheaply, and fit that as your passenger one.

Feb 12, 2023
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer 2008
I didn't realise you could do that? Is it only the arm that is in a different place then?

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
I didn't realise you could do that? Is it only the arm that is in a different place then?
You would need to check for your vehicle that the seat base fixings are the same, in our 2018 boxer they are so it’s just the arm is in a different place, the seat belt receiver needed swapping from one side to the other but other than that it was the same.

Posidriver

Free Member
Mar 31, 2023
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato LWB self conv
Exp
5 years
Hi all, we’ve recently bought a Peugeot boxer 2014 L3H2 which was previously an ambulance/patient transport. When we got it it had no passenger seat only a wheelchair storage cage which we’ve replaced with a front bench seat, but due to it being a fixed seat with no recline and also because we want to be able to walk through to the back we want to change it for a single passenger or even a swivel seat. The problem is they seem to be like gold dust, have been searching high and low and can’t find anything reasonably priced. There are plenty of swivel captains seats for other vehicles at much lower prices, but is it safe to install a seat not intended for our vehicle? Also the bench seat doesn’t seem to come off it’s base so looks like we would have to buy a base as well. I would love to hear from anyone here who has had this problem with their Boxer and solved it, and also if anyone knows of somewhere other than eBay to find seats at a good price?
We picked up a couple of Kia Sedona captains seats. A chap in Newark deals in them. Perfect condition and only £160 for the pair. They are really comfy. We also sourced a single seat frame to replace the double. Plenty available. To finish off a pair of swivel bases that are about £110 each.
Van has been a camper for 5 years now and the MoT testers are totally happy with the safety.

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Years ago I went the other way, swapped a single for a dual as wanted our child to ride up front with us. Had to make up four 1/4" plates so I could move the tubular support frame over to the left. This meant we could now get between the seats to go into the habitation area. One of the good things about the Peugeot/Fiat/Citroen base vehicles is the RH handbrake and dash mounted gearlever leaving a clear area between the two seats. Refitted the original seat when I sold the van.

Davetehrave

Free Member
May 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
We picked up a couple of Kia Sedona captains seats. A chap in Newark deals in them. Perfect condition and only £160 for the pair. They are really comfy. We also sourced a single seat frame to replace the double. Plenty available. To finish off a pair of swivel bases that are about £110 each.
Van has been a camper for 5 years now and the MoT testers are totally happy with the safety.
Can you remember the name of his business/ address at all please? Just bought a Ducato to convert and wanting to swap double passenger seat without the crazy expense. I live in Sleaford so Newark is ideal!

Thanks,
Dave

pabs77

Free Member
Jun 14, 2023
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 2022
Hi , I have recently bought a Boxer 2022 I am in the process of converting and I want to pull out the driver seat and the dual passenger bench seat and install just two captains chairs. The guy that is doing the work is worried that the computer system wont function correctly as the system is setup to detect three seats and not two.

Has any one had any experience in pulling out the bench seat in a boxer and adding in one and have had any issues with computer system?

Cheers Pabs

Mar 3, 2019
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Boxer PVC
Exp
Since 2014
Hi , I have recently bought a Boxer 2022 I am in the process of converting and I want to pull out the driver seat and the dual passenger bench seat and install just two captains chairs. The guy that is doing the work is worried that the computer system wont function correctly as the system is setup to detect three seats and not two.

Has any one had any experience in pulling out the bench seat in a boxer and adding in one and have had any issues with computer system?

Cheers Pabs
Hi Pabs
I changed a bench seat (2014 Boxer) for a single and just ignored the seatbelt electrical connection with no issues. The drivers seat is a single on a swivel and still functions (seatbelt sensors) fine.
Steve Gray

pabs77

Free Member
Jun 14, 2023
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 2022
Hi Pabs
I changed a bench seat (2014 Boxer) for a single and just ignored the seatbelt electrical connection with no issues. The drivers seat is a single on a swivel and still functions (seatbelt sensors) fine.
Steve Gray
Hey Steve , thank you for the reply , when say ignored the seatbelt electrical connection with no issues , are they still there or you kept the cables connected and cable tied to the side and all good ?

Or you have alerts on the dash going off?

Cheers Pabs

Mar 3, 2019
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Boxer PVC
Exp
Since 2014
Hey Steve , thank you for the reply , when say ignored the seatbelt electrical connection with no issues , are they still there or you kept the cables connected and cable tied to the side and all good ?

Or you have alerts on the dash going off?

Cheers Pabs
Hi Pabs

The connector is just disconnected and left as is with no issues. I didn't chop any wires etc. The drivers seat still works with an alarm warning if you don't connect the seatbelt but the single passenger seat develops no warning and as far as any dashboard alerts go everything is fine.

Steve Gray

pabs77

Free Member
Jun 14, 2023
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 2022
Hi Pabs

The connector is just disconnected and left as is with no issues. I didn't chop any wires etc. The drivers seat still works with an alarm warning if you don't connect the seatbelt but the single passenger seat develops no warning and as far as any dashboard alerts go everything is fine.

Steve Gray
Hey Steve thanks for that intel, did you have to go get the seat certified ? and was there any issues?

Mar 3, 2019
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Boxer PVC
Exp
Since 2014
Hey Steve thanks for that intel, did you have to go get the seat certified ? and was there any issues?
No certification. Simply bought a single seat and bolted it on. This was in 2016 so don't know if rules and regulations have changed. The van is now registered with DVLA as a motor caravan and although I had to provide photographic evidence of all the changes and modifications none of it had to be independently certified.??

Steve

pabs77

Free Member
Jun 14, 2023
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 2022
Awe
No certification. Simply bought a single seat and bolted it on. This was in 2016 so don't know if rules and regulations have changed. The van is now registered with DVLA as a motor caravan and although I had to provide photographic evidence of all the changes and modifications none of it had to be independently certified.??

Steve
Awesome thankyou for the intel Steve.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back