MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Layout is everything
Layout is everything
Layout is everything

Ok, I've got the message.

But given that a van is (say) 15 years old would it really be so bad, or difficult, to change the existing layout of a van to achieve just what you want ?

Wouldn't be quite the same as doing a total van conversion would it.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Graham, it all depends on what you are changing to where ? from where ? I would recommend leaving the bathroom where it is :ROFLMAO: then change around what ever :Cool: but then again you will have to leave the boiler outlet in sits as well as the fridge vents,roof vents ? The list goes on :Eeek::ROFLMAO: RIP it all out and start from scratch :thumb::Doh::cry::Eeek::thumb:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
But given that a van is (say) 15 years old would it really be so bad, or difficult, to change the existing layout of a van to achieve just what you want ?

It's a home. Consider the work at home to move a wall. You can do anything if you throw enough money at it.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
a good layout is one that works for you, with most layouts you have to come to a compromise somewhere, what works for one doesnt for another. If you go and look at it, sit in it, look carefully at all the angles imagine using it, to try and see what would and would not work. check the bathroom make sure you can shower ok as in able to turn round whilst having a shower without falling over the toilet or hitting the sink. if its a overcab roof bed layout make sure you can both get in and out ok, if its converting seats to a bed back to seats check its not too hard or too much to do everyday, and dont forget the usual if the layout will work and you like it ask to check that the fridge,boiler,cooker,heating all work and that there is no damp or funny smells, check the service record and what belts need doing and when, check its tyres not only for tread but for year they were made, if it checks all those for you then its time to test drive and check the gear selection is ok and it steers true etc.
I am assuming that you are going to have a look at this one you have found, if so I hope its the one for you, you have been very patient in your search

Last edited:

ArenqueRojo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2008
Anywhere in Europe, so fa
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
13 years
We did a fairly radical refit on our Pilote which might be of interest to you.
The only thing we didn't touch was the loo - which irronically was what made us change vans because it was too small for fulltiming.
Cost was about £5,000 on a van worth about that but it was still worth it because we had the layout we wanted at a lot less than replacement costs.
On top of that, I knew every inch of the van and exactly how everything worked. Also most of it was then new.
Some piccies in our blog at The Refit « Liz & Patrick’s Travels

Best of luck
Patrick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back