Changing hob and washbasin woes (1 Viewer)

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We asked our local dealer to give us a quote to replace the hob and washbasin as ours are on their last legs. The hob is a useless design with 3 burners but not enough space to get a pan on more than one at a time so we wanted a two burner. The basin is grey plastic and we thought a change would be nice.The other issue is that getting parts for a Geist motorhome seems to take months so fitting easily obtainable alternatives seemed like a good idea.
To my surprise the dealer says they can't fit different models because the hole in the counter tops would have to be changed.
I wouldn't trust my own ability to take a jigsaw to the hole but I fully expected a professional technician to be confident to do it.
Can anyone recommend someone who has the necessary skills to do this kind of work - preferably not too far from Scotland (although we would travel if necessary)?
Incidentally we also have a collapsing cutlery drawer that Geist have tried to replace twice and sent the wrong size both times. No wonder people with money just replace the whole motorhome when bits need replacing.
Mags :Confused:

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Hi Mags, we are not very far from you. Have you tried St Andrews Motorhomes don't know for sure if they would do it but I seem to remember they were willing to change our hob to full size cooker which meant them cutting worktop.

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Mags, we are not very far from you. Have you tried St Andrews Motorhomes don't know for sure if they would do it but I seem to remember they were willing to change our hob to full size cooker which meant them cutting worktop.

I'll give them a ring. Thanks :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Don't limit yourself to caravan people. A kitchen is a kitchen, you must have a load of kitchen firms near you.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Don't limit yourself to caravan people. A kitchen is a kitchen, you must have a load of kitchen firms near you.

Utterly right - go onto the gas safe website, and search for local engineers that have caravan licences.

They do not advertise as caravan engineers, as they are lpg men. It will state 'caravan' on their registration.

The good thing is, as they normally fit kitchens in houses and park homes, they are quite competent at putting a hob in etc!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back