Changing front spring on Burstner i660 (1 Viewer)

Jun 5, 2020
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner i660
Exp
since 1992
Hi,

Has anyone doe this? Looks like need to remove the gas locker and most of the dashboard to gain access to the top of the suspension struts. Anyone have suggestions how to go about this?

I'm getting a proper garage to to this, not myself, but If I can give them some pointers on acces that would be wonderful.

thank you.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
you have to be a bit of a contortionist, but it can be done without removing the dashboard, just the glove box one side and the lower dash panel on the other. You have to lay across the floor of the van and the top bolts are just visible

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
both front struts needed to be taken out and refurbished on my current van, a rapido A class with just a passenger door. A job that I happily left to my local garage

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
I saw that but what base vehicle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
johnnyjp5
Jun 5, 2020
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner i660
Exp
since 1992
Fiat Ducato.

Managed to do this in the end, with the help from local garage. Could just about see the left hand top bolt. The right hand one has a wooden cupboard right up to it, and was just too difficult without being double jointed.

Was left with removing the cupboard, or the dashboard. In the end opted to remove the dashboard extension - the flat cover from the back of the dashboard to the window. Seemed the easiest. Could get to the top bolt with a long socket.

took the springs out, but rated the same, but the right hand one was about 2 inches shorter than the left on the bench. Shock absorbers doing nothing. Replaced the springs and shocks. harder to put the top nut back on, so had to but a bit of bluetak in the socket to hold the nut while fiddling - worked.

Sits much better on the road. Had passed its MOT a week before, but I wasn't happy - could see it sitting right hand corner down when parked.

thanks all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back