changing from butane to propane (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
a-classs
Exp
Today I exchanged 2 of my empty butane cylinders for 2 propane what do I need to get to connect them to my truma regulator EN 61-DS .I have a clip on butane regulator attached at the moment.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Today I exchanged 2 of my empty butane cylinders for 2 propane what do I need to get to connect them to my truma regulator EN 61-DS .I have a clip on butane regulator attached at the moment.

Try here, you need a propane pig tail

Link Removed

OP
OP
karalal
Apr 27, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
a-classs
Exp
thanks for the reply
I`m a little confused
You say that I need a propane pigtail . so in effect I have a two regulators at the moment
one is on the truma and I have a clip on one on the butane bottle
for propane I do not need one on the propane bottle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Regulators

For years Butane and Propane worked with different regulators to give different operating pressures, hence blue for butane and red/orange for propane.
A few years ago it was decide that it was only necessary to have a single standard for both, so now caravans, etc., are usually fitted with a single all purpose reg. But the fitting to the gas cylinders remain different, hence the need for the pigtail. The correct pigtail fits the appropriate cylinder and the other end goes to your installed regulator.
You don't need two regulators, so when you refer to your Truma regulator, that's it. It is designed to work with both butane and propane (or a mixture) and that is where the pigtail goes to.

Sounds a bit confusing on reading it through :RollEyes:, but I hope you see what I mean.

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back