Changing from 15" to 16" wheels (1 Viewer)

Three wheels

Free Member
Nov 21, 2016
Crevillent, Alicante, Spain
Funster No
MH
Fiat 2.8 Miller
Exp
Since 2016
Hi All
Sorry still new to this and haven´t got a photo, but it will have a " LIECESTER TIGERS" theme to it.
AIR SUSPENSION
I live in Spain and to add air suspension, mean´s , you have to have it fitted by a dealer (you have to have official paper work ) and then have it inspected at the ITV station before it can be added to your documents.
If not you are not covered.
Come on you TIGERS.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Alloy wheels are often offered as an "option", by the converters. And being the cynic I am it is unlikely in the least that they would make ANY changes to the Spring Rates, Etc; , they would just (like your average end user) ensure that the Offset and clearances are within Specification. Virtually all the "back to back" Fiat cab units that arrive in the UK are on STEEL wheels, I have never seen any on alloys. (plus the temptation for theft would be far too great!) Looking at the ALKO website, also gives the impression that no changes to the Axles are made when the Tyre size/profile is altered. As for tyres, You can change the Load rating, by changing tyre size too. Going from a 205 to 215, gives an instant 100Kg upgrade without altering any feature of the Chassis. See:- Page 12.

http://www.al-ko.co.uk/edit/files/downloads/al-ko-amc-commercial-brochure-2010.pdf

"Aftermarket" wheels are rarely subject to interest by Insurers, who tend to regard them as "cosmetic changes", which in my own view is the ONLY benefit. However if you are in any doubt, just ask?. BTW. IF you change the Steels for Alloys, be sure the centre fit is correct as a lot of the mass is taken by that and NOT left to the wheel nuts alone.

As for Speedo accuracy, I am in the 10%+2mph camp, and 90% of Plod have no interest and little knowledge of C&U Reg;s. That is the role of the traffic investigation units.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back