Changing back to rear wheel drive (1 Viewer)

Nov 28, 2010
Torrevieja, Spain
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip H720
Exp
December 2011
We are parked up at this lovely Aire in Palamos Costa Brava waiting for the dealer to prepare our new van

http://www.autosuministros.com/autocaravanas/ocasion/Hymer-B-660-STAR-LINE

i.e. service and ITV (MOT) and have the Oyster sat dish transferred as we decided to change back to a rear wheel drive Merc based van with air suspension as we have lost confidence in fiat based alko chassis due to very poor traction on wet grass and loose gravel, also the poor ground clearance i.e. exhaust and rear end grounding, the new to us van is even fitted with built in generator large enough to run the air conditioning, and hard wired cool box in garage for the rabbit food and large fridge freezer for the beer , ideal for Spain , I am also able to my own oil and filter changes on this van so saving a few euros.

Can't wait to get our hands on it

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
A Wise Decision ,we have a rear wheel drive and are always helping to pull folk that's stuck Mostly front wheel drives but also bad drivers mistakes:rolleyes:,so enjoy your new found freedom with rear wheel drive ,Regards Alf(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Interesting, I have never seen a Star-Line 660 of the 2000-2005 vintage before. Mine is a 630 and I thought the next size up was a 680. All three have broadly the same layout. Looks lovely.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back