change battery or solar panel (1 Viewer)

N

Nobody

Deleted User
i have a 75 amp battery considering solar panel 80 watts but adviced update battery to 110 amps help what is best advice will be using van no hook up 3 or 4 days normall useage television etc what should i buy

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
2 x 110AH batteries would probably be more useful than a solar panel to be honest.

Just my opinion though...

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Grommets right of course.

a couple of decent 110ah batteries will make a big difference.

solar panels are useful but you cant rely on the sun.

i have four x 110ah batteries and a 170w panel.
on a really long sunny day i can just about put 80amps into the batteries but most days its gonna be around 30 to 40amps...not really enough for my useage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We find that with 2x110Ah batts and 2x80w solar panels we don't really need EHU at all-we monitor our batt condition with a NASA BM1 meter,and sometimes curtail our useage if it drops too low-unless we are on a campsite we will be driving most days,and so topping up that way as well as with the solar panels.
I spose Nov-March in UK are the most difficult times,but in 3 yrs we've never really had any problems.
'Normal usage' is ,of course a movable feast ::bigsmile: what's normal for one,may be excessive for another.
On sunny days we can be running tv,( we watched a F1 grand Prix parked on an ostrich farm in France one afternoon) and using an inverter to charge camera or laptops and the solar panels will keep up with it.

Mike.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back