Champagne-Ardenne (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29692
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We're heading down towards Chamonix at the weekend and will probably stop for the night somewhere roughly between Troyes and Langres.

Any recommendations? Don't need any services/facilities.

I've looked on Campercontact and I know there are loads of options and I can easily pick one at random but looking for personal recommendations if anyone has any.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I'm not sure if that one is open any more which is as shame as the location looks great :(

Google suggests it might be closed and it's not on Campercontact.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi @NickNic ,
Check it out on google earth street view,
It's outside the campsite.
If you look at the lakeside ,there's some moho's parking there as well.There was 4 parking over there when we were there in 2011 & about 20 in the aire.
copied from motorhomingfrance website of which I'm a member

Aire: GERAUDOT (4*)
ADDRESS: PARKING NEXT TO BEACH, LAC FORET D'ORIENT

TEL: FAX:

EMAIL:

TYPE OF AIRE: MUNICIPAL
FACILITIES: WATER /GREY DRAIN/ BLACK DRAIN / ELECTRIC

PRICES/ RATES:JETONS FROM CAMPING DE L'EPINE

PARKING: FREE SERVICES: 3€ WATER OR ELECTRIC

OPENING TIMES: ALL YEAR

GPS COORDS: N48.30278 E04.33639

DIRECTIONS: From TROYES take D960 & then D43 to GERAUDOT. Continue thru village on D43 & AIRE is on LEFT in the large car park by the beach on LAKE.

SITE DESCRIPTION: The Aire here is in a very large gravel car park surrounded by fields & close to Lake Foret d'Orient & its beach. In summer there are catering facilities (snacks/pizza) adjacent & a Boulangerie van passes in the mornings. A quiet location but little shade. Raclet borne with drainage grid.

REVIEW

2007 A very nice Aire on the shores of a large lake. The owners of the nearby pizzeria are very friendly & hospitable (& they cook a 'mean' pizza). It is possible to swim in the lake & walk in the nearby woods. Play area adjacent. Very peaceful & quiet at night. The parking is very popular in good weather & at weekends.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We've stayed at the municipal site on the ramparts in Langres. A wonderful walk along the city walls and plenty of places to eat and shop. The local Langres cheese is tummy too,
Otherwise use the filter on Campercontact to view places which only have high ratings - the latest version of the app translates reviews too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back