Challans Vendee - if you need help? (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Hi all - I am a newbie on the forum and just bought a motorhome - and in the spirit of trying to give something back for the warm welcome I've received (so far .....)

We also have a static van on Le Ragis campsite in Challans )for 13 years now !!) and have accumulated various tools and equipment, drills, saws etc. and electrical sockets, uk plumbing fittings etc

If youre ever stuck and we're around, youre more than welcome to call in and use what Ive got to help with emergency repairs etc. we tend to be there over easter, may/june from mid july to early august. Obviously that may vary a bit now we've bought the motorhome, but if we can help we will ! Ask at reception for me, DAVE , they know who I am and should point you to our van lol !

There is a free aire de camping car about 250 yrds outside the town centre, so you can always park up there for free overnight if you don't want to stay on the site.

Hope this helps and hope I don't actually see any of you there ..... as it will mean you may have a problem!

Oct 5, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
firebrand campervan
Exp
:hiya2: hellowelcome & :calig:
that is what I love about this fantastic site. the help is truly wonderful

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Hi Dave

Last time we were there, tent camping nr St Hilaire - the exhaust went on my Xantia.

How is the Famous Black Chicken these days?

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Hi Dave (or is it Rodney really?)
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Welcome to the forum Mister B!
Everybody needs a DAVE at some point in their life. Kind offer!

Ashypants

Free Member
Jan 25, 2018
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
Welcome!

Any tips for motorhome parking when the Autrefois is on?

What a great event, we visited last year in June/July - fresh baked bread straight out of the brick oven - and our 1yr old getting his caricature drawn - great memories!!

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
the town aire is usually full for the autrefois - which is a shame as its about one minutes walk away. we find that a lot of mobile homes tend to use the Hyper U car park, do a bit of shopping and wander into town from there. the camp site we stay on is about a ten minute bike ride and its virtually all flat both ways !

the locals really love to dress up and 'partake' - one year about 7 in the evening we came across Napoleon Bonaparte on his white stallion, he was that drunk he was struggling to stay on his horse and the horse was brilliant and that well behaved I reckoned it must have been a regular occurrence for Boney to get sloshed and for the horse to take him home !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back