Ceramic wash bowl. Tap Bung? knocking out ? (1 Viewer)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi Plumbers and DIY Persons (PC.)
I need help again please. I bought a small sink to fit in a loo room i have fitted into the garage at home,so far so good.
There are NO holes for the tap to fit up/in to,but on the underneath side (Unglazed side) there are two NEARLY formed holes where the taps will locate
My plan of action,turn the sink so the shiny/glazed side is up,locate ROUGHLY,(Operative word) where the hole may be underneath,place piece of wood about an inch square,9 inches long on this area and give the wood a clout with a 2Lb hammer....... Yes ?.
Now lets hear how you do it properly,or have i.."Hit the nail/wood on the head first time ?"
After you have all finished laughing,hopefully a "Proper" person can tell us how it is done.Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Tea Bag (Rough boy)

SandT

Free Member
Oct 15, 2012
Malta
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek
Exp
Look at this video, seems you are not far off....

Terry

OP
OP
Tea Bag
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi Terry.
Thanks for the reassurance,it appeared to me the only way to do it,but the "First" wife,nearly went into meltdown when told what was going to happen LOL.
Onwards and upwards ! (Or back to Leroy Merlin for another sink LOL)
Thanks again.
Tea Bag

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tea Bag
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi You two.
Jobs a good 'un. What i failed to tell you,i had TWO LOL. First attempt is going in the garage loo,as the tap fitting was,how shall i put this ?..... To small ??? (Silicon .....LOL). The second sink is OK,guess it was a bigger tap ? "Really?",that's going in the en suite, 'cos firstwife goes in there....sorted,not half.
Thanks again for your help and hints,onward and upward,off trial holeing now,to see where the pipe comes up from the well to the bund for the garden water. If i burst a high pressure main and get lifted off of my feet, when it lifts me past 40 feet,SHOOT ME DOWN !
Tea Bag

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
we will come around with a large net.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
HATE working on plumbing. I'm better at French than 'plumb-speak'.....
It's a sink downstairs, a basin upstairs - Why? Then there's half-inch taps, but 'Fifteen Mil' pipe! Anyway, it's not pipe, but copper tube apparently. A drain becomes a gully and a sink plughole becomes a 'waste'.

No, you haven't got a leak, it's a weep!

Don't even start to call them connectors, they're fittings and a 'Yorkshire' is nothing to do with Sunday roast! You don't make a pipe bend, you pull it or put a set in it. If you're from London, PTFE becomes Fred Tape. There's reducers, reducing Tee's, tails and something called Boss White.

AND THIS IS BEFORE YOU EVEN LEAVE THE SHOP! :madder:

Nah; bung the tradesman a tenner on top for a breakfast in a Caff and let HIM do it!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
HATE working on plumbing. I'm better at French than 'plumb-speak'.....
It's a sink downstairs, a basin upstairs - Why? Then there's half-inch taps, but 'Fifteen Mil' pipe! Anyway, it's not pipe, but copper tube apparently. A drain becomes a gully and a sink plughole becomes a 'waste'.

No, you haven't got a leak, it's a weep!

Don't even start to call them connectors, they're fittings and a 'Yorkshire' is nothing to do with Sunday roast! You don't make a pipe bend, you pull it or put a set in it. If you're from London, PTFE becomes Fred Tape. There's reducers, reducing Tee's, tails and something called Boss White.

AND THIS IS BEFORE YOU EVEN LEAVE THE SHOP! :madder:

Nah; bung the tradesman a tenner on top for a breakfast in a Caff and let HIM do it!
Pmsl but as I'm in the heating installation trade and my son is a plumber it all makes perfect sense to me, how about an inch female iron? Its a copper fitting lol.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back