Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
The

The sales Blurb:

"Ceramic Coat can be applied to your vehicle leaving an extremely durable and high-gloss finish which prevents pollutants from impacting your car’s paintwork.

Once treated with Ceramic Coat your paintwork is guaranteed for 5 years and you will never have to polish it again. Some paint protection products require the use of an ‘enhancer’ to maintain both the gloss shine and the lifetime guarantee. Ceramic Coat does not; all you need do to re-validate the guarantee is to have your vehicle inspected by the selling dealer after five years. In the unlikely event they find any problems with the coat, they will reapply Ceramic Coat*.

Without Ceramic Coat protection your paintwork could be become dull and faded over time, when exposed to atmospheric pollutants and harsh car wash chemicals. The paintwork will progressively fade and hold dirt meaning cleaning and washing will become harder."

Is it better than just to Wax your car regularly, I suspect there is an argument for and against, but if I don't have to Wax the MoHo...Happy days I have other cars that I can spend my time waxing ;)
Yes I had a similar thing on our car but wouldn't bother again (the williams one).I think next time I'll just take it to a hand car wash and get them to do an autoglym polymer sealant on it.

I was querying the use of the term "ceramic" as I don't see how it can really be ceramic as such (it could have ceramic particles in but that would be abrasive).

I suspect its marketing talk for durable (and expensive!)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Listen to mr cynical there ?
Yes I think I've always been Mr cynical and its getting worse as I get older I am also well equipped with our move to Yorkshire having both deep pockets and short arms!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Yes I had a similar thing on our car but wouldn't bother again (the williams one).I think next time I'll just take it to a hand car wash and get them to do an autoglym polymer sealant on it.

I was querying the use of the term "ceramic" as I don't see how it can really be ceramic as such (it could have ceramic particles in but that would be abrasive).

I suspect its marketing talk for durable (and expensive!)
Similar but not the same, OK, I guess going to the hand car wash will use new unused cloths to apply the Autoglym (not knocking the product as I am an Autoglym fan). As I say year 1 the MoHo still looks like new and dead easy to wash.....will let you know in 4 years time. As for the marketing bit I believe Williams Ceramic is owned by Turtle Wax. My daily watch has Sapphire glass, being an outdoor type of guy my watch faces all get scratched......`i was sceptical regarding Sapphire glass yet I cannot see any scratches on the glass face of my watch it may be marketing backed but it works, first watch I have ever worn where the glass looks like new!

OP
OP
HandyAndy
Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
update...
While the ceramic coating itself is working nicely and the water beads off much better than most polishes I've used in the past. I do remember someone asking me about using this specific valeter, although I cannot seem to see the post now.
TBH, I wouldn't bother, I wasn't that impressed with their thoroughness despite them being there working on it from 10am til 5pm.. ( I watched em on the CCTV from work :D ) they missed quite a few areas I would have expected them to take more care of.
Didn't do the door shuts.
Didn't do under the bonnet
Didn't do under the edges of the rooflights
Didn't spend any time on some stubborn black plastic marks where I'd previously smacked the wing mirrors into the door panel :(
Didn't make a very good job of the front the over cab section above the windscreen because it was hard to reach I guess...
Some of the dull paintwork I asked them to polish was left a little "orange peely" for want of a better word, as if they had only lightly buffed it and not polished the dull out properly.

I guess I will be doing it my self next time after all. *sigh....

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
My wife's Caddy goes in in couple weeks for full valet, paint prep, and 12 month ceramic coating, also getting sent removed.
Cost £250. I asked about Hymer and he wanted another £150 just clean polish and ceramic the outside if we had both done together.

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
My wife's Caddy goes in in couple weeks for full valet, paint prep, and 12 month ceramic coating, also getting sent removed.
Cost £250. I asked about Hymer and he wanted another £150 just clean polish and ceramic the outside if we had both done together.
That's cheap! It cost me £480 for a small sports car with a soft top.....

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
We have a Williams ceramic coat on the car which is still good after 4 years. The motorhome has Paintseal ceramic which looks good but we have only had it for a few months.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
We have a Williams ceramic coat on the car which is still good after 4 years. The motorhome has Paintseal ceramic which looks good but we have only had it for a few months.
I have Williams as well (Turtle Wax)over a year on its still looks good they say it does not need re-applying unless there has been bodywork damage. Good news to hear someone else with positive comments (y) (y):)

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
First of all Ceramic, from what I have read does not have to be done annually, polishing removes the original layer (and probably paint) So....You may want to have a look at Williams or similar, Pausim is commenting his MoHo still looks good and ours does too.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
My ceramic coating is the dogs b*******

1573497247775.jpeg

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Does this mean that you will beat the metal detectors at Thiefrow etc?

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Hmmm. Might get a ceramic coating for my new motorhome.

1574720263754.png

denis724c38

Free Member
Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Class B+
Exp
since 2017
Ceramic Coating (or Nano-Ceramic Coating), can actually add substantial value to your vehicle which is so important for your car...

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Ceramic Coating (or Nano-Ceramic Coating), can actually add substantial value to your vehicle which is so important for your car...
Go on then give a figure! I tend to keep our cars about 7 years before swapping what difference will there be in resale value. I've just been looking for a similar age car for my MIL I can't recall seeing ceramic coating mentioned in any of the ads in autotrader.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I can't think of any add on or extra that has substantially increased the value of any vehicle I've traded in, but If you're buying a vehicle that's got some extras.......... :LOL:

Apr 7, 2008
Garstang, Lancashire, UK.
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RB
Exp
Since 1968.
I have had 'She who must be obeyed' mode of transport to the company that has done both my cars and my motorhome to be ceramic coated. I have had no issues what so ever with the product used. Great finish, very easy to keep clean and my little Porsche 986 was done last nearly five years ago and still looks as fresh as a daisy. Wifes car looks good as well.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Bout an extra grand or two on my Porsche. If i sold it. Wouldn't bother for family, every day car. Mr Sceptic!
I find that really hard to believe is that from experience of being quoted a trade in or looking at private sales?

Mr Sceptic 2 !!!!!!!

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I find that really hard to believe is that from experience of being quoted a trade in or looking at private sales?

Mr Sceptic 2 !!!!!!!
Not really if you had a MoHo with a body that looked in very good condition you would pay more than one that had gone dull.....or would you expect to pay the same?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Not really if you had a MoHo with a body that looked in very good condition you would pay more than one that had gone dull.....or would you expect to pay the same?
I recon after a professional valet most people would struggle to tell the difference.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I spent my money on a Ceramic finish for convenience and appearance rather than any thoughts of residual values. I returned from my last trip with the motorhome covered in road dirt, salts and mud. An hour with a hose and a soft mop had it gleaming again all over with very little effort no cleaning agents and without valeting charges. Suits me but each to their own.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I spent my money on a Ceramic finish for convenience and appearance rather than any thoughts of residual values. I returned from my last trip with the motorhome covered in road dirt, salts and mud. An hour with a hose and a soft mop had it gleaming again all over with very little effort no cleaning agents and without valeting charges. Suits me but each to their own.
I agree and we had it on our last car but I will be very surprised if it affects the value when I get rid especially as we usually keep the cars for 7 years or so.

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
Bout an extra grand or two on my Porsche. If i sold it. Wouldn't bother for family, every day car. Mr Sceptic!

Sorry, I am Mr Sceptic #3. Just looked on 911 Virgin and can't see any reference to ceramic coatings listed in the spec's, and knowing Henry like I do, if it added value, he would be advertising it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back