Cepsa (propane) at Villasol (1 Viewer)

Dec 9, 2013
Derby
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Is any Funsters at Villasol Benidorm, can I get a Cepsa ( Propane) bottle exchange in the shop on site,

Musicboy

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
They usually have them in the cages outside the supermarket so ibeoukd assume you can . However never used gas there . Good luck ...

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Website says they offer gas services so I would expect that it is Cepsa as that is the Spanish company that seems to have a majority of the gas cylinders
Although there are lots of petrol stations and even more campsites that sell gas I'm sure that you will get some in Benidorm just wish we were going now roll on October when we go for Moors and Christians and Fiesta in November

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Bottled LPG is used by millions of households all over Spain.
The Company with the most bottles in circulation in Spain is Repsol. CEPSA is a smaller competitor.
Both do bottles of LPG in propane (containing 11kgs of LPG) or Butane (12.5kgs). All such bottles have the same valve, so will connect to the universal bottle-top regulator used throughout Spain and Portugal.
If you want the cheapest, get yourself one of the empty rather heavy steel orange Repsol LPG bottles of either propane (black line painted around it's middle) or butane (no black line). These are the only bottles that are still price-regulated by the Spanish Minister of Energy. Then just swop it at any of that companies thousands of retail point for a full one.

The big campsites in Benidorm usually have supplies of such empty bottles to buy for 10 euros or so; then the gas man calls every few days and you just swop it for a full one. Cost is about 14.50€ at present for a full 12.5 kgs butane bottle; about 13€ for a full propane one.
Alternatively, pick up an empty at any local rastro (car boot sale), so that you then have one to swop for a full bottle.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Yes they do, but they do regularly run out of propane this time of year, so if you only have the one bottle you may need to go elsewhere for an immediate exchange.
Cheers
Ed

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Perhaps also worth adding that the massive and overwhelming majority of LPG bottled gas of this "small bottle" type (I say small, because there are also really tall bottles of propane containing 35kgs of gas, for home central heating etc purposes which the gas man will deliver/swop for you at you home in Spain), are butane not propane.

These butane bottles and refills are in Spain much much easier to get hold of than the very-little-used propane ones.
Almost all households, and almost all Spanish caravan and motorhome owners use butane - most are stored/used indoors anyway, and ambient temperatures in Motorhome gas cupboards here almost never fall low enough for long enough to stop the butane LPG gassing-off (unless you are up a mountain/in the north of the country/ in a snowy area!)

We almost always use butane bottles in Spain summer and winter, and have never had a problem.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Is any Funsters at Villasol Benidorm, can I get a Cepsa ( Propane) bottle exchange in the shop on site,

If not the Cepsa garsge at the traffic lights left out of the site definitely exchange them. They are 17 euros. I've been there today and are staying on Villasol. Just arrived today so waiting for a better pitch. If you're stuck I'm down the bottom on 146.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We almost always use butane bottles in Spain summer and winter, and have never had a problem.

We have used butane in the past here on Villasol and had them freeze overnight cutting off the fridge, heating and the hob for the kettle in the morning, if you are running a Spanish gas bottle and can't put it in the locker where it might not freeze then I strongly recommend using propane. If you can get repsol then the depot is just down the road and are currently €12.85
Cheers
Ed

OP
OP
Chipy210
Dec 9, 2013
Derby
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for all the reply’s, yes we had butane last year there and ours froze , so i think I’ll get propane at Calpe thanks again

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Most are a mixture of gasses anyway, Repsol (was 15yrs ago), mostly propane mix, Cepsa was less so and prone to stop gassing if the ambient temperature fell too far. I have a repsol cylinder, and am unlikely to have use for it in the near future. But I guess coming to Yorkshire for it is out of the question?:xgrin:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Not all Cepsa garages have the propane - January this year had to call in a few but finally managed to buy an exchange off the back of the delivery truck that happened to be at one of them!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back