LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
my fingers slipped on the keyboard and Im now listed to run the Paris marathon.... anyone know any campsites in the city? if not looks like car and hotel

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I "heard" that you could park very close to the Eiffel tower !! Not sure if you can overnight BUT would'nt that be good... !!

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
There is a site at /Maisons/Chateau La Fitte,a short metro ride from le Tour, there is an international site? at the Bois de Boulogne.Ici
Camping du Bois de Boulogne
Allee Du Bord De L Eau | 16th Arr., 75016 Paris,France

More information here Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We stayed here a few years ago, an ACSI site, looks like it opens first week in April, 15 min walk to the metro station, nice area for bars restaurants and bakery.
Keep on running Paul. (y)
Ed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I "heard" that you could park very close to the Eiffel tower !! Not sure if you can overnight BUT would'nt that be good... !!

In an earlier life, I parked right next to the Eiffel Tower on a Saturday night so my kids could see it in the morning.

There were no parking restrictions on a Sunday so we stayed all day.

Mum and the kids went off on a river cruise and I stayed in the van.

I was offered cash several times from folk who wanted me to move and let them park there!

JJ :cool:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Paul there will be lodes of places to park you're motor home it's a very big event and a few of the parks will be turned in to camping arias for competitors.
not like this country where every one get's ripped off when I went with my nephew who has now passed away
I think it was park de mars I think was turned in to a big car park we stayed there I Think it was 2008 he dyed the year after it in 2009.
good luck any way Paul but you could stay at dismay worst case
bill

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Paul we have parked up close to the Eiffel Tower and as JJ says no restrictions on a Sunday, there are some streets with signs saying no Motorhomes but loads that are fine. Another idea is park at euro Disney and get the train in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Paul,
Aire: PARIS 13 (1*)
ADDRESS: 10 RUE WURTZ, PARIS 75013

TEL:01 41 31 58 63 FAX:

EMAIL: contact-pa@parkalizes-gfd.com

TYPE OF AIRE: PRIVATE
FACILITIES: ELECTRIC

PRICES/ RATES:

PARKING: 12€/ 12 HRS SERVICES: FREE

OPENING TIMES: ALL YEAR

GPS COORDS: N48.82728 E02.34495

DIRECTIONS:

SITE DESCRIPTION This is not a true aire de services since the only facility available is electricity, but is a useful parking spot for anyone visiting the capital. The parking is also used by commercial vehicles, has no height barriers & is in a large (80 space, 20 for motorhomes) tarmac area controlled by an automatic barrier (open 24/7) -- there are no services available although ehu's are available for an additional fee. Parking charges are 12€ for 12 hours, shops, services & the Metro are within walking distance. Closed circuit 24hr surveillance & lit at night.

REVIEW: A rare location for "stationnement" in Paris. Parking area is mainly used by lorries & there are only a dozen or so spaces available for motorhomes. Large level spaces with some shade from adjacent buildings. Secure & quiet apart from coming & going of lorries.

Link Removed

Link Removed
Campsite: CG DU BOIS DE BOULOGNE (4*)
Campsite: CG DU BOIS DE BOULOGNE (4*) PARIS

ADDRESS: 2 ALLEE DU BORD DE L'EAU, 75016, PARIS

TEL: 01 45 24 30 00 FAX: 01 42 24 42 95

EMAIL: paris@campingparis.fr

FACILITIES:

LEISURE: PLAYGROUND/ GAMES ROOM

CATERING: RESTAURANT/ TAKEAWAY/ BAR/ SHOP

SERVICES: LAUNDRY/ MOTORHOME SERVICE POINT

SPORTS:

DOGS ALLOWED

RATING: 4* + AR+ACSI

PRICES/ RATES:

PITCH: € 28.7 HIGH 21 LOW ADDL. PERSON: € 6.7 ELECTRIC: INCL

CREDIT CARD ACCEPTED? : Y

OPENING TIMES: ALL YEAR

GPS COORDS: N48.86833 E02.23389

DIRECTIONS: The site is EAST of the SEINE between the River & BOIS DE BOULOGNE (next to PONT DE SURESNES). Take BVD. PERIPHERIQUE & exit @ PORTE MAILLET -- follow site signs.

SITE DESCRIPTION: This large site is the nearest site to Paris city centre, being located next to the Seine and only 15mins drive from the Champs-Elysees (shuttle bus available in season). The pitches are of a reasonable size, mainly marked out with hedge boundaries, varying degrees of shade. The services range from 10A + water + drainage + TV connection, to simple (i.e. nothing). Pitches are of a reasonable standard but cleanliness varies due to a very high usage, especially in high season. Motorhome service point.

The facilities on site include a restaurant, pizzeria/takeaway, bar and playground. There is an information/excursion booking service at Reception, with a shuttle bus running from the site to the nearest metro-station. Reservation is compulsory during the high season and recommended at other times.

REVIEW:

1) This is an extremely busy and large site, but if you want to visit Paris it's probably the best site as far as location goes. The pitches were a bit on the small side with not much privacy between them and the services depend on how much you want to pay. Toilets and showers were not the best I've seen -- some blocks were quite dated, others fairly modern -- cleaning seemed a bit hit and miss. This site suffers a bit from road noise. The restaurant was average, but the pizzeria was ok and the shop was well stocked. In reception, the staff were quite helpful -- English spoken, plenty of tourist info and you can book trips and tickets for attractions. More shops/supermarkets are 5 mins away over the Pont-de-Suresnes. This is a very good location for visiting Paris; you just have to put up with the inconveniences of a large impersonal campsite.

2) A good site for visiting Paris but quite busy, even out of season. Site is open 20 hours per day (closed 0200 -- 0600) & 365 days per year so is quite convenient if you arrive late & is quite secure with automatic barriers at entrance. There is a shop on site (open every day) as well as a couple of eating places. Pitches are OK but possibly tight for larger vehicles & have either 4A or 10A connections. Quite easy to get into central Paris -- simply take a bus (outside site or use the shuttle bus if running) to Porte Maillot Metro station which is on Line 1 & it takes you straight into the heart of the city.

3). An update for readers. The toilet blocks have now been renovated & improved, although the farthest block from reception still requires the tiling to be repaired in the shower areas, and a general 'lick of paint' internally. None of the fresh water stations were working apart from the ones near the reception area,which can be one hell of a walk!! Our pitch was alongside the main road that can get quite noisy during rush hour, but it's tolerable. The reception are helpful and speak quite a few languages, and they need to because during my visit i saw vehicles from 19 different countries!! The restaurant food is good, at holiday prices, as is the Site Supermarket. There is a local supermarket about 15 mins walk from the site. The yellow bus stops outside the entrance and will take you to Porte Maillot metro station for 2 Euros (and 2 Euros to return later).From there you can walk up to the RER station and visit the whole of the country!! So..... a very convenient site for visiting Paris, doesn't have all the mod cons that some might desire, but it serves a purpose. Simon Lown
|

Link Removed
BOIS DU BOULOGNE

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back