Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
Hi to the font of all knowledge.
I recently purchased an Autotrail Savannah on a 2010 plate. One thing that I cannot seem to solve is habitation door being part of the central locking.
According to the handbook, the habitation door should be operated when the central locking is used, along with the step lowering/raising and if the jumpers on the EM50 are in the correct position even the awning light will come on to welcome you home on these dark winter nights.
I have looked over the system and find: 2 wires enter the bottom hinge side of the door incased in rubber flexible conduit. The central locking works from the Fiat key fob, the Sigma fob, the button on the dash. When I press the switch on the drivers arm rest/door pull, there is a clicking noise,, when I press the bottom button of the 3 button Fiat fob there is a clicking but no movement of the hab. door locking mechanism. I have checked the inputs on pins 4 and 5 of the EM50 and cannot see any voltage on my digital multi-meter when the negative probe is clipped to the battery negative pin on battery inputs to M50. I have removed all the fuses in the fuse box and visually checked them. Does anyone have any ideas of where to look next.
Really struggling with this now.
Robert

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
First things to check! There is a multi core wire that goes into the hab door. Check that this is still in tact. The awning light and step out are functions of the control unit, which can be disabled. Scroll through the settings and make sure they aren't switched off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
1.. The contacts on the door are steel and hence they bloody rust all the time and can stop connection. Often need a clean.
May not be your issue but worth a look and noting..

2.. The step.. A few reasons and issues.
If you have the EC325 /480 control panel above door there is an option in the menu (may be advanced) that lets you set how the step works.
There was an issue with some builds as a faulty "poly switch" was supplied and fitted and so this can affect the step.
Crap builds up underneath and often they need a good clean and lubricate.
Low batt voltage can stop the step retracting...

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
I had a similar problem with the hab door used to happen regulaly ,always one of the four wires damaged in the in the flexi rubber tubing at the bottom hanging side of the door. I found these wires were very stiff causing them to snap with regular movement of the door so I changed them for a more flexi wire never had a problem since .If you check these wires don't be fooled if they look ok they are ok I had to give them a pull from each end to find the broken ones every time .Happy hunting lol.

OP
OP
bertiebasset
Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Hi all and thanks for the replies.

First things to check! There is a multi core wire that goes into the hab door. Check that this is still in tact. The awning light and step out are functions of the control unit, which can be disabled. Scroll through the settings and make sure they aren't switched off.

No. The awning light and step out are functions controlled by the EM50 (behind drivers seat). The multi core (2 wires) do not seem to be carrying any voltage although they should. This model year has the EC325 control unit.

1.. The contacts on the door are steel and hence they bloody rust all the time and can stop connection. Often need a clean.
May not be your issue but worth a look and noting..

2.. The step.. A few reasons and issues.
If you have the EC325 /480 control panel above door there is an option in the menu (may be advanced) that lets you set how the step works.
There was an issue with some builds as a faulty "poly switch" was supplied and fitted and so this can affect the step.
Crap builds up underneath and often they need a good clean and lubricate.
Low batt voltage can stop the step retracting...

No. There are no steel contacts. The cable running through the corner of the door at the hinge side carry the current to the locking/unlocking motor.

No problem with the step. It works fine on the button just inside the habitation door. The problem is the central locking is not actually working on the habitation door (it does on the cab doors) so not voltage into the EM50 unit so no operation of step nor awning light.

I had a similar problem with the hab door used to happen regulaly ,always one of the four wires damaged in the in the flexi rubber tubing at the bottom hanging side of the door. Happy hunting lol.

Only 2 wires going into door which appear to have been replaced at some time but seemingly still intact. Problem seems to be the voltage is missing going into the EM50 unit so no voltage coming out to the locking motor at the door. Or did you mean the wires coming out of the cab doors ??

Regards

OP
OP
bertiebasset
Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
@treetops1 probably, my alarm contact is a reed switch on the actual door and the contact on the door jamb with wires going into side seat. The CL I believe is the 2 wires in the rubber ducting. The problem seems to stem to before the EM50 which is the Fiat/Converter interface.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Just a thought?. Have there been any "modifications" or repairs to the wiring (say). I am told that some "Mods" etc, require the Sigma system to be Reprogrammed, (by the dealer / agent!) Eg: in my case the addition of a "Cycle" Loop.! (cost £18) reprogramming £80 inc labour!.

OP
OP
bertiebasset
Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Just received a missive from Autotrail and informed where the cables between the Fiat side and Converter side are situated. So tomorrow I know what I will be doing. Hope it is dry.

OP
OP
bertiebasset
Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Having taken the covers off around my EM50 and found there is no signal on the lock/unlock cables and all fuses are intact I have decided to do what we did in our Autocruise Wentworth,, unlock with key and drop step. However, as we have booked a factory tour at Autotrail in April they have kindly said they will take a look... so maybe a result.:rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back