Central locking Peugeot Boxer 2015 (2 Viewers)

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
The central locking activation via the key fob just stopped yesterday. I replaced the battery within the key fob but no improvement.
I thought it may be worth checking the fuses but.....
The manual states that there are three fuse boxes, "dashboard passenger side, drivers door pillar and engine compartment".
Cannot find one on dashboard passenger side but did find one on the drivers dashboard side but that is a complete different layout compared to the diagram in the manual !
My request for help is, do you think that it is the fuse (central locking control) if so where is that fuse?
Any other suggestions or advice welcomed

Many thanks

burdenandy

Free Member
Sep 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Carrera 4
Exp
Since 1980
I have just had the same problem with my 2015 Peugeot Boxer Autocruise conversion, fortunately I have a friend who is a Peugeot Technician and I was advised to:
Disconnect the battery earth lead and touch it directly or by an extension cable to the positive battery terminal for approximately 10 seconds to remove any static present in the cabling and then to reconnect the earth lead to the negative battery terminal.
After doing this both my remote key fobs worked perfectly.

burdenandy

Free Member
Sep 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Carrera 4
Exp
Since 1980
Apparently it is the first procedure the technicians try for when the key fobs stop working and changing the fob battery hasn't solved the problem. I assume that any static (as described to me) in the system interferes with the signal between the key fob and receiver. Certainly worth a try before taking your vehicle to the dealership and getting charged for a diagnostics test, it worked for me !!!

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
burdenandy- can you please clarify your advice? To what is the battery earth lead connected on the battery before disconnecting it and touching it to the battery positive terminal? Is this not going to cause a spark?
Is the earth lead easily identifiable?
I still can't get my Peugeot Boxer based Bailey key fob to work and would like to try your solution, safely.
Thanks.

Korgrocker

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285 - 2018
Exp
Since 2013
I had the same problem recently with a 2018 Boxer (Elddis). I found an intermittent/loose connection located on the connector board attached to the battery positive terminal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Touching the negative lead to the positive lead is a short cut. Never heard of it being done whilst the positive is still connected to the battery though. Usually you disconnect both battery leads and touch them together.

But this is the full procedure that carries out a reset (soft-reboot) of the body computer. Notice that you need to keep all the doors shut for 3 minutes before and whilst disconnecting the battery, so on a Sevel van you need to remove the battery cover and make sure that you have the necessary tools with you to remove the negative lead from inside the cab whilst the doors are shut. Once the battery has been disconnected you can open the door and carry on from outside.

This will often fix strange problems with circuits controlled by the body computer, when the function might have become corrupted by low battery voltage or electrical spikes.

BSI (Body System Interface) Reboot Procedure

PROCEDURE FOR BATTERY DISCONNECTION

Whenever a vehicle battery has to be disconnected, switch off all equipment, interior lights etc, close the doors leaving the driver’s window open.

Switch off the ignition and remove the key and any diagnostic equipment.

Wait a full 3 minutes before disconnecting the battery.

The BSi must be allowed to go to SLEEP i.e. into "active economy mode". Do not operate any equipment on the vehicle during this time. Remember, even opening the bonnet will wake the BSi on a vehicle fitted with alarm.

If the battery is under the bonnet, open the bonnet first and leave it up.

ALWAYS disconnect any diagnostic equipment and do not operate any other equipment during the 3 minute waiting period.

PROCEDURE FOR BATTERY RECONNECTION

Unless otherwise instructed by Peugeot or Product Service, you must always carry out the following procedure, often referred to as a "soft re-boot", to minimize the possibility of the BSi corrupting its own software when reconnecting the vehicles battery supply.

Ensure the procedure for battery disconnection has been adhered to and importantly all BSi functions were switched off with the driver’s window left down.

1 Close all doors
2 Remove ignition key if left in ignition
3 Reconnect battery. DO NOT open any doors
4 Wait 10 seconds
5 Switch on headlights through the driver’s window
6 Switch on ignition then start the vehicle and check system functions

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Most useful advice.
Going back to the OP I can see that putting the main earth cable on to the battery positive isnt quite as mad as it sounds PROVIDED the battery neg (earth) terminal is then completely disconnected.
Suppose the change in polarity just might cancel some sort of residual charge, but it doo seem very odd?
( The other aspect that comes to mind might be to do with a capacitive charge between the looms and the chassis, but its still very odd)
Computers are funny things
Mike

Sep 19, 2023
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay
I have just had the same problem with my 2015 Peugeot Boxer Autocruise conversion, fortunately I have a friend who is a Peugeot Technician and I was advised to:
Disconnect the battery earth lead and touch it directly or by an extension cable to the positive battery terminal for approximately 10 seconds to remove any static present in the cabling and then to reconnect the earth lead to the negative battery terminal.
After doing this both my remote key fobs worked perfectly.
Big thanks for this my fob stopped working at the weekend tries a new battery etc and nothing followed these instructions last night and working great now

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back