Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
As far as I know cello TV,s do not possess a blue tooth interface..'
Our 19" Traveller TV does. It's the T2 series which means it picks up HD channels as well as SD. Excellent picture, especially on HD, with good viewing angles - both much better than the 16" Avtex it replaced. Sound is OK for me, nothing special but then its just a TV. Perfect for our motorhome. I am going to fit the Avtex in the motorhome bedroom so we don't argue about what to have on - footie or tennis.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Later Travellers apparently solved the viewing angle problem - don't know about sound. The sound issue with the early Traveller wasn't down to the speakers which, as has been pointed out, can never be brilliant in a slim TV. It was with sound decoding in that passages with silences (quiet speech for instance) became staccato as if there was some sort of noise suppression (or squelch) in operation. Whatever it was it rapidly became extremely distracting and wasn't affected by using improved speakers or outputting via the van audio system.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The sound issue with the early Traveller wasn't down to the speakers which, as has been pointed out, can never be brilliant in a slim TV. It was with sound decoding in that passages with silences (quiet speech for instance) became staccato as if there was some sort of noise suppression (or squelch) in operation. Whatever it was it rapidly became extremely distracting and wasn't affected by using improved speakers or outputting via the van audio system.
In that case we don't have that sound problem in our new 19" Traveller TV only bought a a couple of weeks ago. Got it direct from the makers using this link. Got next day delivery free.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Our Traveller is about 4 years old so no Bluetooth but is is HD not that that matters on a 19" screen. In this van and the last one always run the sound via the vans sound sysem not had any problems with it. Only thing I don't like about it is the time the inbuilt sat tuner takes to tune in 20-30 min a pain when you change saterllites & it loses the favorites, now use a seperate Icecrypt tunner.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back