mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
You guessed it a load of rubbish...bought 3 years ago used it in the MH most nights during stay's at camp sites twice a year trips to Spain, lesson learnt don't buy cheap products

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We've consigned ours to the kitchen at home where it rarely gets turned on, even then I've had to route the sound through some external speakers as the built in things defy the Trade Descriptions Act.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Yep agree the sound is rubbish and the remote is what you would expect out of a Christmas cracker

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Same here absolute rubbish its now just a monitor for the box

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Oh it works fine if you can stand the sound quality.
We couldn't so we use a sound bar 'cos I'm a bit muttandjeff, I SAID I'M A BIT DEFF!! Sounds great now (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Have a 19" Traveller great TV good picture reasonable viewing angle. Brought it orignaly to replace an expensive Camos in the last van put the Camos back in when we sold the van.
Never use the sound run the sound though the vans system.

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
I have a 22 inch 12v traveller, faulty at first and had to be returned twice before I got one that works. the menu s are hard work and the DVD a bit noisey, has been ok now for three years. Also have an Avtex in the bedroom Much better bit of kit .

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Bought one late last year, poorest viewing angle I have ever seen on a modern tv, we have to have the brightness up to 92% just to be able to see something.

Will probably bin it when we can find a better one. Wouldn't even recommend it to an enemy, let alone a friend.

Hymie.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Bought one late last year, poorest viewing angle I have ever seen on a modern tv, we have to have the brightness up to 92% just to be able to see something.

Will probably bin it when we can find a better one. Wouldn't even recommend it to an enemy, let alone a friend.

Hymie.
Is it a

Hymie.
Is it a standard one or the Traveller? Seem to get move negative reviews on the standard ones, have been very pleased with our traveller one of the best small TV's we have had.
Don't buy a Marks & Sparkes TV then they are Cello's.

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
We have both a Cello and an Avtex. The Cello is fine but the Avtex is much better. Both beat the spots of other cheap TVs

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
We have a Cello, and very happy with it, good picture quality and very good range on vision angle. Sound quality isn't the greatest, but this is a small TV in a motorhome. It is wired into the stereo system if we want cinema quality, but we rarely do.

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
Once bought one, sound crap, viewing angle crap, tv itself gave up after about 3 months, could not be bothered returning, bought an Avtex at brummie Mh show in October it's really good.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We've had Cello Traveller for four years now it's fine we do have a set of speakers for it as the TVs ones are not good.

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Had my Cello 22" for at least 5 years, works well. Yes, sound not the best I have ever heard, just plug it into van system or quality portable speakers if required. As far as I'm concerned, the TV works fine, it's the crap programs that spoil it!! Still, you can always put in a Fools and Horses DVD to cheer yourself up! :happy:

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
I have just bought ( haven't collected it yet) a 22 inch Cello. Can you connect Bluetooth speaker to it?

Depends if it has a Bluetooth facility, if not then provided it has an earphone socket you can use a Bluetooth transmitter.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
We bought one for the caravan, and it`s now in the M-H. Sound is not the best. but then a 12V T-V for well UNDER a 100quid?. Avtex Start at around £200 and go up!, using a "square" formula?.

Pete

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
oops finger trouble T2 and very happy with it good viewing angle and use the bluetooth connectivity to play the sound through the Vans system.

OP
OP
mentaliss

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I have just bought ( haven't collected it yet) a 22 inch Cello. Can you connect Bluetooth speaker to it?
As far as I know cello TV,s do not possess a blue tooth interface..however you can buy a blue tooth transmitter and connect it to the 3.5mm phone jack... dont buy a cheap bt transmitter as you may end up with a 'delay'

Big Nick

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
I looked at both Cello and Avtex prior to buying, the Cello looked a bit cheap and nasty, bit the bullet and got the all singing all dancing Avtex and haven't been disappointed...absolutely cracking picture and decent sound.

Noticed the Vision Plus TVs recently that look decent though

John&Kate

Free Member
Aug 30, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Sept 2015
I bought a 22" Cello last year when we purchased our 1st MH, I thought and still think its ok, the only problem with the tv is the viewing angle, a young family such as us like to put on a dvd for the kids during evenings and if you are not sat directly central of the screen you massively missed out on actually seeing a picture.

I just went to install the same tv in our new MH but stopped when we could not get a suitable seating angle for four. I upgraded my purchase to an AVTEX 21.5" from ACDCTV who we bought the Cello from in the 1st place, its installed in the new MH and the viewing angle and picture is superb, and all round a nicer looking unit, hoping to get out soon and test it fully. As discussed with the supplier the lack of quality was massively reflected in the cost of the tv !!!!!

I would like to add a massive reccomendation to ACDCTV for their customer services .. nothing short of SUPERB (y)

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Yep the Cello T2 series has built in bluetooth, works a treat with the Pioneer MH system.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back