LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
heard of a 19" Cello 12v TV with built in sat decoder around £100 cheaper than Avtex. Anyone got one? Any views on this set? :Smile:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B008USWE94/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1"]Amazon.co.uk: Customer Reviews: 12v Satellite TV 22" Cello DVD, USB PVR record, Freeview / FTA Sat[/ame]

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Amazon Reviews;

6 of 6 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my motorhome, 21 Jun 2012
By Steve - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: 19" 12v LED TV with Freeview / FTA satellite / DVD / Pause Live TV (Electronics)
I have to say that this is a superb piece of kit, and is just the right size for me (both screen size and overall physical size).

Excellent picture together with good sound, and the flexibility of running it directly off the 12V or using the supplied 240V adaptor.

Haven't tried the PVR function using a memory stick yet; that's next on the list!

The only slight criticism I can think of is that there can be a very slight delay when you press a button on the remote before it is actioned which can make it seem that the signal hasn't been received.

3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
2.0 out of 5 stars 2x fauly tv`s, 7 July 2012
By Ian Jones (u/k) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: 19" 12v LED TV with Freeview / FTA satellite / DVD / Pause Live TV (Electronics)
Bought elsewhere, The first tv worked ok other than the DVD would freeze after 20 mins and the disc would not eject.
The replacement sent now has a mosaic pattern over the DVD image.
Maybe tv set number 3 may turn out to be ok !
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews

27 of 31 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Looking good, 4 Nov 2011
By Jillash - See all my reviews
A good looking TV which arrived the next day! So far I have set it up at home and will be testing it in my caravan next week. A brilliant picture quality and sound and fairly easy to set up. Only down side is it has downloaded all possible stations from the satellite including Sky ones which don't play (not set for sky). All the programmes are mixed up which is just me wanting them in order but I am sure I will be able to put them in my favorites when I have more time to play.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for Motor Home, 10 Oct 2012
By Mr. I. S. Johnson (Nottingham . UK .) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
As with all 12v electrics on vehicles it varies from 10v up to 14.5v this Tv works on 10v to 25v DC so is more than happy with the variable voltage. Good picture. Plays DVD's etc. Also has freeze frame and record but not worked out how to do that. You can only record what you are watching as it only has one tuner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable compromise, 15 Sep 2012
By Paul - See all my reviews
Bought this for use in my caravan. It has 12 and 230 volt and a reasonable sized 19 inch screen.

The RF input is labeled CO AX the CO AX is labeled RF which suggests poor quality control however that aside it works well. The picture is good, the sound is OK but not great, the remote control is good, some I have seen are tacky, this one is fine. It plays DVD reasonably well although I have noticed the occasional brief pause while the unit catches up. The USB input handles up to one terabyte devices and I have a one TB portable hard disk that I used fairly successfully. Sound was weak on some films and on one in particular the sound synch was way off. It is not the recording as it works fine on other devices. Maybe it was the one TB limit, I intend to try the same film on a smaller USB stick.

Free view works fine and the auto scan process is very good to identify the channels available in your area.

My TV has one pixel glowing, gratefully in the lower left corner so not a distraction, the user guide warns that this may happen and states that this not a fault as it is common on these screens. If it is not a fault what the heck is it?

This TV does everything I want so I can not complain but I get the impression that the quality could be better and as there are cheaper sets on the market I am not too sure this was the best choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars 12v tv freesat/freeview, 28 July 2012
By Rob - See all my reviews
Bought this tv for our caravan when not on electric, so far very pleased got 19 hrs on 85amp leisure battery and could do more. Usb function not easy, needs more practice. The clock and timer shows one hour out, don't know how to correct. But pleased with the tv.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 30, 2012
Lincolnshire & Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2 Years
Amazon Reviews;

6 of 6 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my motorhome, 21 Jun 2012
By Steve - See all my reviews
I have to say that this is a superb piece of kit, and is just the right size for me (both screen size and overall physical size).

Excellent picture together with good sound, and the flexibility of running it directly off the 12V or using the supplied 240V adaptor.

Haven't tried the PVR function using a memory stick yet; that's next on the list!

The only slight criticism I can think of is that there can be a very slight delay when you press a button on the remote before it is actioned which can make it seem that the signal hasn't been received.

3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
2.0 out of 5 stars 2x fauly tv`s, 7 July 2012
By Ian Jones (u/k) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
Bought elsewhere, The first tv worked ok other than the DVD would freeze after 20 mins and the disc would not eject.
The replacement sent now has a mosaic pattern over the DVD image.
Maybe tv set number 3 may turn out to be ok !
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews

27 of 31 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Looking good, 4 Nov 2011
By Jillash - See all my reviews
A good looking TV which arrived the next day! So far I have set it up at home and will be testing it in my caravan next week. A brilliant picture quality and sound and fairly easy to set up. Only down side is it has downloaded all possible stations from the satellite including Sky ones which don't play (not set for sky). All the programmes are mixed up which is just me wanting them in order but I am sure I will be able to put them in my favorites when I have more time to play.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for Motor Home, 10 Oct 2012
By Mr. I. S. Johnson (Nottingham . UK .) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
As with all 12v electrics on vehicles it varies from 10v up to 14.5v this Tv works on 10v to 25v DC so is more than happy with the variable voltage. Good picture. Plays DVD's etc. Also has freeze frame and record but not worked out how to do that. You can only record what you are watching as it only has one tuner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable compromise, 15 Sep 2012
By Paul - See all my reviews
Bought this for use in my caravan. It has 12 and 230 volt and a reasonable sized 19 inch screen.

The RF input is labeled CO AX the CO AX is labeled RF which suggests poor quality control however that aside it works well. The picture is good, the sound is OK but not great, the remote control is good, some I have seen are tacky, this one is fine. It plays DVD reasonably well although I have noticed the occasional brief pause while the unit catches up. The USB input handles up to one terabyte devices and I have a one TB portable hard disk that I used fairly successfully. Sound was weak on some films and on one in particular the sound synch was way off. It is not the recording as it works fine on other devices. Maybe it was the one TB limit, I intend to try the same film on a smaller USB stick.

Free view works fine and the auto scan process is very good to identify the channels available in your area.

My TV has one pixel glowing, gratefully in the lower left corner so not a distraction, the user guide warns that this may happen and states that this not a fault as it is common on these screens. If it is not a fault what the heck is it?

This TV does everything I want so I can not complain but I get the impression that the quality could be better and as there are cheaper sets on the market I am not too sure this was the best choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars 12v tv freesat/freeview, 28 July 2012
By Rob - See all my reviews
Bought this tv for our caravan when not on electric, so far very pleased got 19 hrs on 85amp leisure battery and could do more. Usb function not easy, needs more practice. The clock and timer shows one hour out, don't know how to correct. But pleased with the tv.

Had one for 18 months now and cannot fault it. In my opinion it is just great value for money given the amount of functions it has:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Unknown make, it it goes wrong you will have to bin it.

Avtex maybe expensive but they work and have superb after sales back up.

You pays your money and takes your choice!

Only my personal opinion.

Peter

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Unknown make, it it goes wrong you will have to bin it.

Avtex maybe expensive but they work and have superb after sales back up.

You pays your money and takes your choice!

Only my personal opinion.

Peter

You can buy 3 Cello for the price of1 Avtec ::bigsmile: mate repairs tv's and says avtec nothing special for the price:Smile:
Terry
Cello been around for about 5 yrs now

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Got the same one in my MH--
Does it all really DVD /CD / Sat tv
The sat listings are a bit fiddly when you have got your dish tuned in ,but the usual main free channels are there.:thumb:
It will even take a usb stick loaded with films ect

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
A good old British manufactured product based in North-east with good back-up service manned by English speakers. (Ok may be Geordie accents)

http://www.celloelectronics.com/

Take back my previous comment, thought it was one of those here today, gone tomorow funny name brands.

As its British made and established, we are now stocking them, good value for the money,

Peter

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Ordered a Cello C19103FQ in silver but when it arrived it is an Enox in black.
Appart from the colour & the badge it looks the same but what is the legal position?
My main concern is the warranty as Cello are UK based & Enox is German.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back