Cello TV Offer CPC (1 Viewer)

Mar 22, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V line 635se
Exp
Caravanner since 1993
Great spec. And because the apps are on board you don't need a Now TV box or Amazon fire stick or to cast Netflix from a tablet or computer, it can do it all itself from within the TV form the apps on itself. And WiFi to so don't need a Chromecast either.

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
I bought one of these for our shared narrowboat. I like it a lot but, unlike some other Cello models, this one runs Android 4.4 and checking online from the TV there is no upgrade available. I'm not sure whether this will prove a limiting factor as time passes but all seems well so far. The picture is very good on HD material and the sound is OK rather than brilliant, as one expects from a slim TV. It has the proper Freeview EPG and on the satellite input a comprehensive EPG rather than a simple now/next, so possibly a real Freesat EPG. I downloaded an app to my 'phone (Android) and that works reasonably well, too.

The CPC price isn't too bad (eBay currently a tenner dearer), though I managed to make use of an eBay 20% discount code to get it into the £150s in May.

It's pretty light, too, with about the only drawback being the lack of a built-in DVD player.

I'm impressed enough to be waiting for another code to buy one for myself, to replace the rather odd TV in our van. Maybe I'll just buy it from CPC this week.

Tony

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
I bought one of these for our shared narrowboat. I like it a lot but, unlike some other Cello models, this one runs Android 4.4 and checking online from the TV there is no upgrade available. I'm not sure whether this will prove a limiting factor as time passes but all seems well so far. The picture is very good on HD material and the sound is OK rather than brilliant, as one expects from a slim TV. It has the proper Freeview EPG and on the satellite input a comprehensive EPG rather than a simple now/next, so possibly a real Freesat EPG. I downloaded an app to my 'phone (Android) and that works reasonably well, too.

The CPC price isn't too bad (eBay currently a tenner dearer), though I managed to make use of an eBay 20% discount code to get it into the £150s in May.

It's pretty light, too, with about the only drawback being the lack of a built-in DVD player.

I'm impressed enough to be waiting for another code to buy one for myself, to replace the rather odd TV in our van. Maybe I'll just buy it from CPC this week.

Tony
You were so right about the Android version. TV apps now defunct

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
Ha!

Annoying but, to be honest, I haven't used any of the apps on either TV I bought. We haven't been on the boat much since then (visiting tomorrow for the day to do some other jobs) and I always take a FireStick with us in the motorhome.

If it's an issue to you maybe Cello would help, or at least give you a good deal on a replacement, as this thread is only just over a year old and many of the TVs must be a lot less.

Tony

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
I started another thread about the issue a couple of days ago. Amazon were doing a Firestick with £20 off in their sale and they also offered to refund the tv as it was only 17 months old. I was just Googling Cello and Firestick when this thread popped up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back