Yenyaw

Free Member
May 20, 2020
Funster No
MH
Nissan Elgrand
Exp
I'm a Newbie
So apart from my intro post, this is my first post, not sure if it should be here or in the Solar section, however:

Has anyone got the solar powered TV by Cello, how have you found it? Is the panel supplied with it sufficient or worth getting a better panel? It would only be used in the evening for a couple of hours a night over a max 4 day weekend

OP
OP
Yenyaw

Yenyaw

Free Member
May 20, 2020
Funster No
MH
Nissan Elgrand
Exp
I'm a Newbie
The Solar is just to charge the internal battery according to their website, and the battery "lasts up to 10 hours" just seeing if anyone has one that would confirm if they are worth buying

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
As far as I’m aware the solar panel is no longer included in the UK option. Apart from that it isn’t a bad tv for the price, although the picture is very dark when using the power saving feature. Also the sound is very tinny and an external speaker is highly recommend.

OP
OP
Yenyaw

Yenyaw

Free Member
May 20, 2020
Funster No
MH
Nissan Elgrand
Exp
I'm a Newbie
As far as I’m aware the solar panel is no longer included in the UK option. Apart from that it isn’t a bad tv for the price, although the picture is very dark when using the power saving feature. Also the sound is very tinny and an external speaker is highly recommend.
The package ive seen says it includes the solar panel, yeah speakers will be added

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Seems pointless in a m/h as you have an ample 12v supply, far better getting a solar panel to keep hab battery topped up. I can see it's use in a tent though.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
I have the one with the internal battery, it came with a aerial, and two led lamps on long leads, but no solar panel, the battery life is quite good, but the sound and picture are not very good.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Can you post a link please Yenyaw ? The dozen that I bought for work didn’t have the panel.

Thanks
It does say it includes a portable solar panel.

Cello also do a TV with a rechargeable battery built in. Maybe that's what others are thinking about?:unsure:

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Would anyone who has the Cello battery TV mind taking a photo of the label on the 240v power adapter for me please? We inherited a Cello C32227T2 S2 but there's no 240v power supply with it. I know I can buy a new one from Cello, but I have all sorts of power cables lying around and I'm hoping to use one of those instead.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back