CCTV reviewed now too scared to go to sleep (2 Viewers)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Only just catching up again.....

You mentioned the other day (was it only yesterday?) that you both gave statements about how it had affected you - can you get them added to, now that things have sunk in a bit?

Hugs for you both xx

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
been keeping in touch with your thread David... didn't feel there was much I could add but just wanted to say I hope all this can be put behind you asap and you can get away and have a lovely trip...
big hug for Bev.. I hope she can get over it soon...
wish there was more could be done to make things better... and martins troubles as well...
makes for a sombre time...
hoping for better times for you..
Andy

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
The house sitter idea crossed our minds and was mentioned earlier, the idea works but we would feel awful if something did then happen, not really sure that being occupied or not is going to make any difference o_O we will ensure all valuables are very well hidden, we really don't have a lot, doubt they will fancy my long cased clocks :)

we take the iPad and fake Rolex :LOL:

we are going regardless, Bev is really quite OK with going, in fact she will be pleased not to be here right now, just get a few sleeps in between yesterday and when we get back the emotions will have subsided a little (y)

as for the noisy alarms they do seem tempting, but with not being here to reset our neighbours might suffer more than is fair :) we will definitely have the alarm set while we are away anyway, still working on the set while in procedure, but we are nearly there and I have stopped Lola drinking in the evening to keep her more alert :LOL:

time to move on, reviewing gate options tomorrow, at the very least to reduce the side access, then we can booby trap the drive with lights and alerts and more cameras, security review on Thursday (y)

the electric gates have one big snag, how does postie and delivery men get to door ? or neighbours popping in for a chat and considering the shared bit gets complicated, but electric gate man coming tomorrow, partner of eldest bestie owns the company so should get honest advice :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I'm sure @JockandRita will confirm that one should also have a secondary means of escape planned in the event of a fire or smoke blocks your normal route... can you possibly do the same if the toe-rags do return?
Might offer a little comfort - as should @suavecarve post - it's one thing for burglars to return after a first successful haul to gather the insurance replacements - but these guys have failed twice & had their collar felt.

I was also going to suggest not only a house sitter whilst you're away but wondered if it was possible to relocate your nice cars, so as to remove the motivation... but if, as you've said, you're comfortable know you're insured.

Re noisy alarms - could one of your neighbours be a keyholder whilst you're away? I'm sure they'd be quite tolerant for a while about an occasional disturbance given what you've been through.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
@Langtoftlad the noisy alarm reference was more for the shed type growler proposals the house alarm has the auto reset, we also have the alarm relative back on board and he lives round the corner and would hear it (y)

we came back from holiday a few years ago, triggered alarm by mistake on return, 2 minutes alter he comes flying round the corner in his van knowing (or thinking) we were still away, he gets text alerts for all his alarm installs

don't really get your secondary escape route point?

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
@Langtoftlad
don't really get your secondary escape route point?
Only as a means of reassuring Bev that you could both get out, in the event of intruders coming through the door... flight rather than fight.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Only as a means of reassuring Bev that you could both get out, in the event of intruders coming through the door... flight rather than fight.

like most properties if we get confronted on the stairs we have little options but fight or retreat o_O

we do have a jump option if we get cut off by fire though, but that would be slightly more controlled we hope, if we shut the bedroom door we hold the fire back for a bit for sure, not the same with an intruder (y)

I (we) do appreciate the concern though (y)

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Just caught up with your thread David, glad it is over as far as the intruders are concerned. You will have no more problems from them. I wouldn't worry too much about your security as it has been fine even after these idiots came along.

As unnerving as it has been, it is over. Even the court case will peter out as they plead guilty.

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
the electric gates have one big snag, how does postie and delivery men get to door ? or neighbours popping in for a chat and considering the shared bit gets complicated, but electric gate man coming tomorrow, partner of eldest bestie owns the company so should get honest advice :)

We lock our non-electric gates and so have a post box outside. You could have a wireless door bell for visitors or even a facilty for them to speak into a microphone - as with blocks of flats - so you can decide whether to let them in.

Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning 😊
We lock our non-electric gates and so have a post box outside.

Post Office Keepsafe service holds your mail whilst you're away so removes danger of postbox getting full up which is an indicator you're not there.

Broken Link Removed

The website says you can set it up online, but they need five working days notice.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
SOCO been back today, cant find useable finger prints, but they now have CCTV and the images of clothing and footwear were easily good enough quality to match as they were apprehended a few minutes later still earing same (y)

the even better news the male bollockhead is 17 not 15 so can be sent away with the big boys if the court sees sense

but best news of the lot, time is already healing Bev, she is much better today, gates ordered for side personnel access issues, with locks and spikes (y) rest of monitoring to be reviewed this week (y)

Our thoughts are now with Martin and Jenny, (funflair) access gained and Jen's mum assaulted in her own home at 85 :mad::(

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
25 years ago we were burgled while Angela was out for a while with the kids. When she got back they were still in the house and made their getaway though the patio doors at the rear (they got in that way) while she was opening the front door. She has still not go over the shock altogether. We still have lights coming on and off at different times when we are away. .

We had similar 20 years ago and I was so on edge that we sold up and moved. We had just got back from relatives and we went into the house. I realised we needed milk and whilst Martin was getting the children ready for bed I went to the shop - when I got back I saw someone going out through the back window (they had removed the whole frame - which hadn't been fitted correctly). Martin had heard the noise of the window being removed but thought it me coming home.

It was the thought I'd been watched that really messed with my head. The burglar was eventually caught and it turned out he was the one who hadn't put windows in correctly, it was a new house we were renting.

Post Office Keepsafe service holds your mail whilst you're away so removes danger of postbox getting full up which is an indicator you're not there.

Broken Link Removed

The website says you can set it up online, but they need five working days notice.

We use that and it is good but not infallible. When our regular postie had his days off we had mail delivered. Luckily the neighbour who is our keyholder picked it up.

This time we are having our mail redirected to our son's place as I was expecting a hospital appointment (I have now been told by my GP I have been discharged by the hospital - so much for discussion and information). You can do this on a temporary basis or for up to 3 years.

SOCO been back today, cant find useable finger prints, but they now have CCTV and the images of clothing and footwear were easily good enough quality to match as they were apprehended a few minutes later still earing same (y)

the even better news the male bollockhead is 17 not 15 so can be sent away with the big boys if the court sees sense

but best news of the lot, time is already healing Bev, she is much better today, gates ordered for side personnel access issues, with locks and spikes (y) rest of monitoring to be reviewed this week (y)

Some good news there :) I hope they decide on custody.

Our thoughts are now with Martin and Jenny, (funflair) access gained and Jen's mum assaulted in her own home at 85 :mad::(

@funflair so sorry to hear this and wish there was something we could do. If I said what I would do to scum who do this I would have a lifetime ban.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

They don't Post box outside & deliveries only when someone is in. remote cctv doorbell/gate operation that can also be accessed via phone when away so that they think someone is in the actual house.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
@DavidG58 regarding the sliding entrance gates keeping neighbours out, only close them at night.
Btw are you staying on services aires when away ;)

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Ring Video Doorbell on the gatepost...
Ring Doorbell
...can be answered if you're in the house, via your phone... or in France

or in the chunnel? or out of range ?

I have talked myself out of electric gates for now

and anyway the personnel gates with proper locks are costing enough o_O

and we have agreed to swap cameras for HD and more of them and and and and .....

luckily we brought a load of euros back from last trip so have cash to take away (y)

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Whilst our recent events at home are far from funny, things have taken an odd turn here

Our town is not big, my posting details of the CCTV on a FB Bolsover local news page has got a lot of interest, partly the image partly that we are known, mainly because our kids still have lots of friends in the town

Our daughters have both been sent independently the same names and photos of the offenders, I will not share them here as not fair or needed, but they could be head boy and girl at school o_O turns out they are not known for this type of behaviour, have pretty decent backgrounds and the lads mum broke down crying when she heard in a group how upset Bev was, one of our eldest daughters was present at the time

I don't think we actually know the family, but through school and guides it is actually quite likely :(

Nowhere near excuses them or makes it right, but the threat level has dropped from serious to almost zero in my eyes (y)

I will still do the new gates as a sensible future proofing our security, but we can go away a lot more at ease

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hmmm I don't think a like on your post is appropriate but glad you and Bev are getting over it a little. I would still be going for electric gates.
Sad to think you might even know the scumbags.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Thougts are with you @DavidG58 and bev you can only do what you can on security do you not have any one that can watch over the property keep a eye out for anything happening i an sure thing's will be ok now that it is know you have a very high revile of security
hope thing work out ok kind regards bill lyn jay

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Whilst our recent events at home are far from funny, things have taken an odd turn here

Our town is not big, my posting details of the CCTV on a FB Bolsover local news page has got a lot of interest, partly the image partly that we are known, mainly because our kids still have lots of friends in the town

Our daughters have both been sent independently the same names and photos of the offenders, I will not share them here as not fair or needed, but they could be head boy and girl at school o_O turns out they are not known for this type of behaviour, have pretty decent backgrounds and the lads mum broke down crying when she heard in a group how upset Bev was, one of our eldest daughters was present at the time

I don't think we actually know the family, but through school and guides it is actually quite likely :(

Nowhere near excuses them or makes it right, but the threat level has dropped from serious to almost zero in my eyes (y)

I will still do the new gates as a sensible future proofing our security, but we can go away a lot more at ease

This is all great news David. Takes the bogeyman element away.....

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
It sounds very promising, hopefully they will have had a big enough shock without even getting anything :) and will not continue along that path.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back