CCTV fitted (1 Viewer)

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Our 'van is 2 years old next week. For the first year we had a mileage 'allowance' of 5k. We ran it quite close so last year we upped it to 7k, but circumstances worked against us and we only managed 1,800 miles as we haven't been anywhere since September last year. We got our quote in which allows another 7k miles , it's only gone up £38 but that's with them thinking we did up to 7k miles. We will be reducing our mileage allowance as we've only just done half the mileage we've been insured for over two years.
We've also fitted a CCTv system to our driveway. Just wondering if anyone has fitted CCTv and has it made much difference to their insurance? We are in a low risk area.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If you give them the mileage at the start then surely you can roll it over? If it is under what it should have been at 7k/year from the initial mileage then they can't complain.If doubtful then attach a note when acceptint it both by phone(recorded) emailpost that that is what you are paying for. rolled over mileage. or cut the worry out & go unlimited.

OP
OP
Wee Bold Davy
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
If you give them the mileage at the start then surely you can roll it over? If it is under what it should have been at 7k/year from the initial mileage then they can't complain.If doubtful then attach a note when acceptint it both by phone(recorded) emailpost that that is what you are paying for. rolled over mileage. or cut the worry out & go unlimited.
I'm afraid they don't roll over the unused mileage, 'doesn't work that way' I'm told.
They've given me up to the unused mileage and knocked £30 off so I'm only £8 more than last year.
Nothing off for the CCTV camera:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back