Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Just logged on to the CCC website to have a look see what DA meets are on and struggled to find the "Out &about" section. Before they redesigned the website it took about three clicks to get to O&A but now they have hidden it deep.I suppose they are trying to sell campsite bookings, insurance etc. (stuff I am not interested in). Why can't they leave things alone, the last rehash made the Out & about section worse, if you wanted to look at any other than the current week.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I complained to them about that last week and received some innocuous reply.

I've worked round it for the moment by creating another bookmark (once I eventually found the O&A section).

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Quite possibley!

Also complained about the useless search facility. Can no longer view the booking state of a site and adjust arival/departure based on availability. You have to put in a set of dates and get a yes or no answer, if touring from site to site very frustrating going back and forward to plan touring trips.

Used to be able to open multiple browser tabs each with a site on and plan a tour based on availability, alas no more.

Also why on earth must I fill in what rig I'm taking every time time!!!!?? Perhaps others have a selection like a clothes in a wardrobe.

Hate the CCC site

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
If it wasn't for the meets and THSs the CCC wouldn't get our membership money :D
Same for us. We use DA meets most of the time. Have only ever used a Club site twice in the 16 years we've been members!

Have to agree it's a nightmare to search the DA meets. Quickest way I've found to find the O&A is to click on Magazine then O&A.

Denise

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
I left the C&CC over an issue with them when I tried and failed to book a site in Scotland for which they had emailed me a discount code for. The booking system wouldn't allow me to book and when I'd had enough and decided to give up it a message popped up asking me 'why I was not booking and leaving'. So I filled it in with an answer to which I was meant to get a reply to within 5 days. It took 14 and when I replied to the feeble answer I got, I complained that I had now lost the discount and they basically said tuff.

So now I'm just with the CC and that's mostly for CL's.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Agree totally. Their website is awful.
I was going to cancel my membership following the miserable managers at Devizes fiasco but I really want to go to the THS at Burton Bradstock again, and a few in Cornwall.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Not being a member ( thinking about it for our 4/5 month trip to UK this year ) wondered what a DA meet is. Could someone inform me please.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I have never really looked at the Out and About section but it isn't hard to find*. From the front page click on the button "Magazine" in the top right corner and on the next page click on "Out and About" also in the top right corner, which I make 2 clicks so that sounds like an improvement!

*Of course the challenge is to know that a page which lists amongst other things rallies is in a section called Magazine!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I have never really looked at the Out and About section but it isn't hard to find*. From the front page click on the button "Magazine" in the top right corner and on the next page click on "Out and About" also in the top right corner, which I make 2 clicks so that sounds like an improvement!

*Of course the challenge is to know that a page which lists amongst other things rallies is in a section called Magazine!
Thank you. Not quite as easy as a single click from the home page :)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Ah...... thank you. Might be useful as would be parking up for 2/3 weeks at a time, so that might work out cost effective.
The rallies/meets tend to be weekend events but the Temporary Holiday Sites can last for several weeks. The ones run by the various areas of the Motor Caravan Section are usually close to amenities and/or bus services.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thank you. Not quite as easy as a single click from the home page :)
Yes, you are right, it is now two clicks - a 100% increase in effort. Of course it could be their attempt at fighting the national obesity epidemic and to be applauded! :)

OP
OP
FJmike

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years

You are right DBK its maybe easier than before, but being used to accessing visiting O&A via the membership button, it threw me a bit

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
But a hidden two clicks :)
Indeed, like one of those all text adventure games I remember playing on my Sinclair Spectrum. Unless you knew that you had to enter exactly "Throw the rope and tickle the dragon" you were never going to get past the evil goblins.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back