CCC really are the friendly and helpful club (1 Viewer)

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Booked before lockdown to go to Lynton- CCC are not opening that site so they TX-ed us to Slapton Sands. Then afterwards we added 3 more nights onto that booking [OH got a flyer from work yaay].... then asked them about a change of pitch if we were to take an awning... despite the huge increase in bookings they responded quickly -no problem . Yesterday someone from HQ called us saying there seemed to be an error with the booking as [DUH] we had not booked consecutive nights - maths error ... and they were full to capacity. 2 phone calls later and a follow up from them to check it is ok it is sorted [phew ! as nowhere to overnight anywhere near if we had to leave for one night. Cant thank them enough. Desperate to get away xxx

Griffithii

Free Member
Oct 12, 2017
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 638EB
Exp
Two years, 5,000 miles, less than 100 nights
Shame to miss Lynton but all a fabulous part of the world. Kicking myself for not having fixed a weekend away this weekend.

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
They didn’t act like the friendly club once they got the news of the virus. Reading on here in the past of our fellow Motorhome Fun members being kicked off site with no warning which included full timers who had nowhere to go, they didn’t even bother to offer to space them out to allow them extra time to find a new site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
They didn’t act like the friendly club once they got the news of the virus. Reading on here in the past of our fellow Motorhome Fun members being kicked off site with no warning which included full timers who had nowhere to go, they didn’t even bother to offer to space them out to allow them extra time to find a new site.
Disgraceful

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
They have handled the whole virus scenario very badly and let many members down including those relying on them for holiday insurance. Mine runs out in a few weeks emailed them and after 11 days this pathetic response. Feel sorry for those currently touring abroad whose insurance is about to expire. Hardly endearing themselves to their members. Pleased for the OP in receiving excellent service.
A935F686-B21C-4A59-809B-FF058D9A8B36.jpeg

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Booked before lockdown to go to Lynton- CCC are not opening that site so they TX-ed us to Slapton Sands. Then afterwards we added 3 more nights onto that booking [OH got a flyer from work yaay].... then asked them about a change of pitch if we were to take an awning... despite the huge increase in bookings they responded quickly -no problem . Yesterday someone from HQ called us saying there seemed to be an error with the booking as [DUH] we had not booked consecutive nights - maths error ... and they were full to capacity. 2 phone calls later and a follow up from them to check it is ok it is sorted [phew ! as nowhere to overnight anywhere near if we had to leave for one night. Cant thank them enough. Desperate to get away xxx
We too were booked to go to Umberleigh North devon, we had a call saying not opening that site, offered us 2 other sites, I said I would go with their reccomendation, having a 10 year old grandchild with us, she was very helpful, recommended Slapton Sands, beach within walking distance, going middle of August for 4 nights. All going well :unsure: ,

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
oooh you will have to let us know how you get on, enjoy

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Not pleased with CCC. Due to having to cancel our stay at Devizes as I am having problems with my company, I lost my deposit. They would not hold onto the money and let me book somewhere at a later date. They said all they could do was to rebook us onto another site - for the same dates!!!!! ???? - or perhaps we could go a few days later!!

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time

We were one of the above!
We were on a CS, 4 acres of space, no one else there, owner had said previously said we can stay regardless, Club said no we can’t.
Club rescinded all campsite licences and we were told we had to leave, not owners decision.
We were very lucky, Two on Tour-Paul and Yvette-came to our rescue and we have spent 4 months on their driveway!
They have been fantastic putting up with us for so long and giving us a lovely evening last night as a farewell, think they will be happy to loose their ‘squatters’ from the front!
A very great thank you to them for their hospitality!
No thanks at all to the Clubs!

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I too thought the CCC was out of order, over the Lockdown and the way they managed it in regard to "Full Timer" Members. However it is worth bearing in mind that the "clubs" are focused towards providing "holidays" for members. And their "licences" reflect that. They are not really setup to manage the particular needs of those who for wherever reason have decided to live "off grid". The CC (or CMC as they like to be known) did make some effort to accommodate full timers. but it was largely "on the Q-T". As technically they where in breach of their Licence, by allowing more that 28days on any of their sites, the same applies to CS and CL`s where the owners where also in breach and possibly without insurance cover?. And of course the "Funsters" also did their bit to help as usual. (y).

On the other hand, it is the CCC`s (25%?) "deposit" system that, unlike the CMC, stops those selfish barstewards who book large numbers of sites on Jan 1st blocking out access for many other members and then only cancel 72hrs before when they decide not to take up the booking(s). I have had to cancel CCC sites before to-day, and Have manage a full return of deposit, BUT. You have to go through head office, the sites cannot authorise refunds. (in my case, on all occasions they where medical emergencies).

Jul 26, 2017
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 125
Exp
Since 2016
I am a member of both clubs. Anecdotally it does seem like the CMC have handled things much better. Since the lockdown has eased we have used CMC sites as they seem to have got their act together. I follow both on social media; loads of angry customers with CCC. It's been a challenging time for businesses and with two ostensibly similar organisations, the differences in the ways that they are run has become very obvious. It does sound like "friendly" is a euphemism for "amateur".

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back